Intake Manifold Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Manifold Gasket

Is there some consensus as to what intake manifold gasket holds up the best on the ironheads?

I have my 3.4L with an oil leak to fix. I'm helping a friend with a 2.8L -> 3.4L swap (bored manifold). And another friend's 2.8L ingested coolant from what I suspect was a gasket failure, he is going to swap in my original 2.8L (which had the intake manifold gasket replaced to fix an oil leak previously, but we want to pull it again to have the intake bored for a larger TBI).

So, am I just as well off to use a Fel Pro gasket set? Or is there something better out there?
    '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
    '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
    '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
    '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

never had a problem with the felpro's. been through six engines and they all liked the gaskets
    3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe ALL FOR SALE (minus the car)
    96 LT4 6spd corvette. 355, AI 215cc LT4 Comp CNC Heads, Prope SRS pistons, Ported intake, ARH long tubes, Corsa Indy Pace 4:10 gears
    2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo 6spd
    1970 M35A2 Deuce and a Half, Spin on filters, Turned up IP, HIDs, Flat Black, 11.00x20 singles.

Comment

I've never had a problem with Felpro gaskets...I work at a mechanic's shop and we use Felpro gaskets if at all possible, and I can't think of a single person to come back with a leak.

Comment

Ok I have a set ordered. Hopefully I can get it installed right and won't have to do it again...
        '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
        '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
        '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
        '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

Comment

Working...
        X