Codes P0131 and P0135

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codes P0131 and P0135

I had AutoZone scan the car and these codes came up, both relating to the O2 sensor. I'm going to borrow a scan tool from a guy and erase the codes and see if anything comes back. I'm just afraid that the new O2 sensor I just put in is now junk (it was a Bosch). Perhaps it got contaminated by something burning off the engine (such as PB Blaster, coolant, etc.) Any thoughts?

You've been around long enough... why did you put a Bosch in?!?
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I'm surprised that Bosch O2 sensors and plugs work so poorly in these engines.

I've worked on all kinds of diesel equipment with Bosch components: Injectors, injection pumps, relays, glow plugs, switches, sensors... and in my experience, Bosch products are hard to beat.

But I steer clear of them for my own GM V6's.

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
        You've been around long enough... why did you put a Bosch in?!?
        Touche.... So you think it's a matter of the Bosch being junk? I guess I'll pop the $75 for the AC if that's the case.

Comment

Denso makes a good one. www.sparkplugs.com have them for a good price. I got mine for like $20 less than the bosch are at the stores.
          sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
          1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
          16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
          Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

I've got the scanner in hand, so I'll delete the codes at lunch time and see what happens from there.

Comment

Well, the codes came back right away. Looks like I'll be ordering a new O2 sensor and I'll make sure it's a Delco this time!

Comment

Ooops, apparently I haven't been around long enough. I have a pair of Bosch O2 sensors coming in today. The ACDelco were about twice as much ($100+ ea) and my engine takes two! Oh well...
                '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
                '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
                '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
                '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

Comment

Originally posted by tractorman View Post
                  I'm surprised that Bosch O2 sensors and plugs work so poorly in these engines.

I've worked on all kinds of diesel equipment with Bosch components: Injectors, injection pumps, relays, glow plugs, switches, sensors... and in my experience, Bosch products are hard to beat.

But I steer clear of them for my own GM V6's.

Bosch has high and low end stuff. I work in engine R&D, (diesel, gas, hydrogen, etc.) and the expensive bosch stuff is top of the line, while the replacement stuff you get from the parts store seems to suck major.

I like thier injectors and fuel systems
                  94 Grand Prix
                  3400- NX 75 shot, Cammotion cam, S&S headers, and a few more toys

Comment

I put the new AC sensor in, sprayed the MAF off with electronics cleaner, and then cleared the codes. After that I drove around for 30 minutes, stopped the car and restarted, drove some more, etc. I got back home and plugged the scanner in and the codes haven't reappeared. I guess I'm feeling pretty good right now and hope that this is it for a while. I still have to change the fuel filter and I noticed that the PCV valve I currently have is really noisy. I guess I'll change that also.

Comment

Working...
                    X