No announcement yet.

no start after lim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the one back by the coils is hooked to the uim that is the map. what other one you talking about? were about is it on intake?
    sigpic
    1992 Buick Skylark 2.3L 1996 GrandAm 3100 SFI 1996 Ford E150 Conversion 5.8L

Comment

its behind the coils held in with 2 nuts(same 2 i lost that holds the coils on too)
      Ford Guy says to we " keeping up with that General Maintenance as you drive a gm?' I say to him well when you found on road dead tomorrow, I'll be in the next province.

Comment

that is for vacumm runs to charcoal canister for
        sigpic

Comment

Did you change the spark plugs when you did the LIM swap? If not you might want to consider it and if you did...what brand plugs did you use and how much did you spend on them?

Cheap or worn plugs in cold weather can cause major issues.
          2000 Grand Am GT
          2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

i have tried many diferent plugs no change

that is for vacumm runs to charcoal canister for
            ^
            cause no start?
            Ford Guy says to we " keeping up with that General Maintenance as you drive a gm?' I say to him well when you found on road dead tomorrow, I'll be in the next province.

Comment

its part of emmissions cannistor runs to tank, and for blow by i do believe i dont know much about the cannistor tho and i dont think it will cause it not to start but idk
              sigpic

Comment

If your sensors worked before, they should work now unless you damaged a wire or forgot to plug something in when you did the LIM. I think it's important to go back and look at what happened when the loss of power occured... you never did mention if a check engine light came on, or if you had one prior to all this... is this an OBD2 or OBD1 vehicle?
                Did the car always run like a dream before the sudden loss of power. You must describe in more detail what happened...

If a large chunk of gasket became dislodged, I could see the car suddenly becoming very lean and loosing power... but you did not describe the gasket condition upon removal and inspection.... and even if you did lay out the pushrods in a row, you still could have f*%$ed them up somehow.. even good techs do it. You need to test your fuel pressure too... wanna see like 41 psi when you turn the key to ON and it primes.

Comment

she almost took off today lol but my battery died she almost kicked

Comment

no i got the car for free on my way home i just lost all power and died, no lights nothin had it to the floor tryin to make it up the highway almost home too

Comment

wow is your battery bad? or it sounds like a short somewhere if everything went dead. some cars have to have a certain amount of amps in order to start.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hell_raiser View Post
                        no i got the car for free on my way home i just lost all power and died, no lights nothin had it to the floor tryin to make it up the highway almost home too
                        a car that looses all power is definately different than one that just completely dies... how does a powerless dead car only maintain 40? battery cant be all that bad if you've been cranking it and cranking it to start... check fuel pressure?

Comment

No no, as in it didnt have enough to make the hill on the high way lol i had no check engine light before it died. lol

i still had power! as in battry and what not

Comment

im gonna look for a computer to swap in and try

Comment

new question too

the car sat 4 120 days in a heated underground parking place and it only had a 1/4 tank of gas in it, when i drove it out it was missing a bit under load and felt gutless, would bad gas cause this! also it was - 6 out so maby the gas has water in it from the temp change!

Comment

change it out and see what happens. and unplug the gas line to run old fuel out make sure you put hose on it into a gas can to catch it from going all over the motor.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X