No announcement yet.

no start after lim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are probably on the right track then with the egr then. but egr in my van is bad and it still runs like a champ but is hareder on fuel.
    sigpic
    1992 Buick Skylark 2.3L 1996 GrandAm 3100 SFI 1996 Ford E150 Conversion 5.8L

Comment

mm its pissin me off lol
      Ford Guy says to we " keeping up with that General Maintenance as you drive a gm?' I say to him well when you found on road dead tomorrow, I'll be in the next province.

Comment

did you say you replaced fpr also? and do you have a compression testor? if so might be an idea to check cylinder comp. because you did say you had oil in intake before right.
        just a thought.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDIXON View Post
          did you say you replaced fpr also? and do you have a compression testor? if so might be an idea to check cylinder comp. because you did say you had oil in intake before right.
          just a thought.
          mm fpr is a good idea no compreshion tester
          Ford Guy says to we " keeping up with that General Maintenance as you drive a gm?' I say to him well when you found on road dead tomorrow, I'll be in the next province.

Comment

tirn key on and pull vacumm line off and see if fuel comes out of it. if it does it is bad. there is another way to check to see if its bad but you need a fuel pressure gauge and it needs to be running.
            sigpic

Comment

nope looks good

Comment

It could be the EGR if it's wide open stuck... Mine caused the car to not start a few times when one of the valves on mine stuck open. I could get it to start sometimes and it would want to die if I didn't keep on the gas.
                sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                Original L82 Longblock
                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

isaachayes did it cause it to backfire also he has that issue to.
                  sigpic

Comment

If it just cranks and cranks, no fire.... check fuel pressure and spark.

I switched up my plug wires after changing the LIM and it just cranked and cranked with the occasional sputter and backfire. (Late night work with an upside down hand written diagram didn't help)

Lastly is there a security feature on your car?
                    2000 Grand Am GT
                    2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

idk but egr made no change next is tps and aic

Comment

if you got the parts might as well start eliminating things. and if by chance you do find the prob mention it to give others ideas to.
                        sigpic

Comment

sound like it wants to start but won't

Comment

whats that sensor that sits on top of the coils?

Comment

map sensor
                              sigpic

Comment

ic so whats the black one on the upper intake?. lol, i may try changing the map lol

Comment

Working...
                                X