Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
    I was gonna say that is SERIOUS lack of attention on the engine maintenance if you let it get that bad...

That much doesn't happen during ONE oil change duration unless you blow a headgasket.
    It was the replacement plastic Felpro LIM gaskets that were put in last year to replace the stockers. The plastic around the coolant port seals broke even though it was torqued down right when they went in. It's been running fine since January and the family that owns it has been using it with no problems since then when the new metal LIM gaskets went in. I think that was the product of adding coolant every day and driving it for a week. 5 qts drained out in 24 hours in my garage, and what was in the pan is what was left in there because it was so thick. The guy that owns it had drained 5 qts out before it came to my house too! O.O
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Bump. Just less than a year since the LIM gasket replacement, 206,500 miles on the clock and still going strong. Still running on the original transmission fluid, too.

Comment

Looks like you dodged the bullet on the bearings!!
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
          Looks like you dodged the bullet on the bearings!!
          Yep, I attribute that at least in part to the use of synthetic oil all this time.

Comment

Working...
          X