Stalling at Idle+ Hesitation off Idle at around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I never pipe cleaned the port or stuck anything

in it to make sure its opened and clean..ahh..that could be the problem?.I just cleaned the mating surface of the manifold and the outside of the port of carbon.I am currently bidding on an autoxray scanner 5000 for about $50..I want to read the codes first before I proceed any furthur but car runs fantastic!.Besides the code is intermittent..SES light comes on for awhile and when I shut it off and then restart its off.

Comment

I guarantee the code is EGR insufficient flow. Get a stiff but flexible wire and some carb cleaner, take the EGR off, and jam the wire through the port that goes into the intake . Take the throttle body off to watch the inside where the passage opens up. work the wire all the way through. Might have to go from both sides. Then if you've already cleaned the EGR and it's valves work open close smoothly by pressing on them and they spring back fine you should be good to go.

Definition files are free from me. Software is free. If you don't have a laptop though I understand.

But it's the EGR code. Just clean the port going into the intake and you'll be fine. (The computer knows if EGR gases are coming in or not because when it opens the EGR, it looks to see if there was a change in MAP values. If there isn't, then it knows it's clogged and throws a code. This is why if you block it off, you get a check engine light still).
      Last edited by IsaacHayes; 01-21-2008, 04:13 PM.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Working...
      X