fuel pressure regulator help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pressure regulator help

i have a 1996 3100 that starts and dies right after it starts. I checked everything and run across the fpr as soon as i turn key on it spits fuel out of the top where the vacumme line hooks up. Will that cause it to start and then die right after it starts. or what would cause it to do that? any input would be greatly appreciated.

sigpic
    1992 Buick Skylark 2.3L 1996 GrandAm 3100 SFI 1996 Ford E150 Conversion 5.8L

I Have NEVER Seen A Reg Spit Fuel Out The Vacc Line Im Guessing That Bitch Is Bad, IBET IT STALLS OUT CUS ITS SPITTING THAT FUEL OUT THE TOP OF THE REG BACK INTO THE VACC LINE FLOODING THE ENGINE OUT !
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro 30th Anniversary 5Speed.
    3800 V6 (i know its not a 60degree)
    stock for now

--------------------
    1993 Special Edtion/GTP
    3.4 DOHC V6 LQ1 SOLD!
    CHIPED,CAI,EXHAUST 2 1/2 SUMMIT TURBO MUFFLERS & NO CAT,,AC DELCO RAPID FIRE PLUGS,
    180 STAT. FUTURE MODS,50,000v COILS,FFP PULLEY,FFP DOGBONE!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    VIDEO http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2020589230

Comment

yea i hsve never seen one do this either that is why im asking if this is a possibility why it starts runs 2 to 3 secs then dies. r what would cause it to do that?
      sigpic

Comment

Im Thinking Thats Your Problem Right There, The Only Other Thing I Can Think Of Is A Security Issue Im Pushing More Along The Lines Of That Faulty Fuel Pressure Regulator
        stock for now

--------------------
        1993 Special Edtion/GTP
        3.4 DOHC V6 LQ1 SOLD!
        CHIPED,CAI,EXHAUST 2 1/2 SUMMIT TURBO MUFFLERS & NO CAT,,AC DELCO RAPID FIRE PLUGS,
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

stock for now

--------------------
          1993 Special Edtion/GTP
          3.4 DOHC V6 LQ1 SOLD!
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

If fuel is coming out of the vacuum port, then the FPR has failed. Therefore, you are not getting pressurized fuel to the injectors, causing it not to run.
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

thamks that what i was thnking to. but as i read through some of the forums i searched peoples cars were running but poorly. so i thought i would ask for advice on this matter. now i have another 96 3100 engine that is a spare for parts which everything was in working order. now my ? is can i just replace the regulator or should i replace the whole fuel rail and regulator from my parts motor. which would be the easiest? thanks for the input.
              sigpic

Comment

as long as the parts are an exact match, just replace the FPR for now, the rails dont go bad often, and u know where the leak is from so start small and work from there

dont fix it if it aint broken

Comment

thats what ill do then. the engines are identicle same year and everthing. so thanks to all again for the info.
                  sigpic

Comment

just do the regulator, its not worth changing rails.
                    94 Grand Prix
                    3400- NX 75 shot, Cammotion cam, S&S headers, and a few more toys

Comment

Working...
                    X