Rough Idle Surging. Codeing For A Missfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Idle Surging. Codeing For A Missfire

Hey guys, big problems, but a fun puzzle, hope you can help.
    1996 Z26 with the 3100 (OBDII). Lopes at idle and surges when I give it gas. SES light stays steady and then starts to blink when it starts surging, Indicating a missfire. Checked the code, was indicating 65,000 misfires on cylinder six. This is what has been done so far

Plugs
    Wires
    Coils
    Comp Test (normal)

When I looked at the plug on Cyl six it was dripping with fuel.
    When plug was grounded on block, steady, hot spark

Comp test rules out gasket issues, I am thinking possibly ICM or fuel injector. Im leaning more towards fuel injector. What does the fuel all over the injector tell me? Bad vaporization? Clogged injector that leaks instead of sprays? Could this be the issue? Whats my next move?

Well if you think its the injector you can Ohm test them to see if they are correct. If the plug on cylinder 6 is dripping with fuel, you could have an injector thats stuck open and is just pouring fuel into the cylinder.
    sigpic
    1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
    3400/Getrag 284 5spd
    1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
    350/NV3500 5spd
    2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

ah okay. so what am i looking for during the ohm test. what is normal resistance on the injectors?

Comment

Just measure a few of the other injectors. I don't know if the obdII injectors are different than 94s, but on my 3100 they were all 12.something ohms.

But yeah I replied on bstuff and it's likely a leaky/stuck open injector.
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Working...
        X