problem heater tube from lower intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem heater tube from lower intake

is the heater tube from lower intake at thermastat pressed into the intake, it seems I've broken mine, I neglected to put the plate on the head before putting the lower intake on and was trying to slip the bolt in when the tube felt to give way. can it be tapped back in, or do I need to repull the intake and easyout whats left and buy a new tube. 02 3100 grand prix

It's pushed into the intake and seals with an o-ring. If it just came out push it back in and bolt the metal tube back to the bracket that holds it to the motor. Otherwise are you saying you may have cracked the LIM ???

You might need a new oring if it leaks. I think the O-ring sits inside the LIM bore not on the pipe.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

its on the pipe, mine just blew 3 times a few mins ago
      3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe ALL FOR SALE (minus the car)
      96 LT4 6spd corvette. 355, AI 215cc LT4 Comp CNC Heads, Prope SRS pistons, Ported intake, ARH long tubes, Corsa Indy Pace 4:10 gears
      2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo 6spd
      1970 M35A2 Deuce and a Half, Spin on filters, Turned up IP, HIDs, Flat Black, 11.00x20 singles.

Comment

yeah the o-ring sits in a groove on the pipe that goes into the LIM. If the o-ring is good, it will be fairly hard to get it in all the way. it just sounds like you didnt get it in all the way and the tube just fell out.
        sigpic
        1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
        3400/Getrag 284 5spd
        1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
        350/NV3500 5spd
        2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

Working...
        X