wire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wire question

Im french so sorry for my really bad english......

i got a 1992 grand prix LE 3.1L and my car is working properly exept for the cruise control. when i was looking at the cruise control servo i find a small connector distonnected is cooming from the same tube of the wire for alternative possitive on the top of windshiel washer tank it only a one red wire connector.

thanks and sorry i dont any camera for picture...

I've got no idea what you're talking about... so I can't answer that particular question. But here's a tip:

I've worked on lots of GM cruise control systems. And if they just don't work, then 90% of the time, the problem is one of two things. Either there's a vacuum leak, broken line, etc... so that the servo doesn't have enough vacuum to work. Or the wires from the switch down through the steering column are broken- this usually happens because the wires flex every time you turn on a blinker. After years of this, those little strands break. I've had good luck with just soldering them back together.

Here's another tip: If you pull out the cruise switch, and pull the wiring up through the steering columg- tie a strong piece of twine or wire to that connector before you pull it up through the steering column- this way you can pull it right back down through.

Comment

That is normal. It is for testing the fuel pump. Putting power to that by-passes the fuel pump relay so you can quickly tell if the relay or pump has failed in the case of no fuel pressure.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

ok thanks really apreciate i gonna keep this info in mind if the fuel pump broke one day

thanks

Comment

There is a connector at the base of the turn signal stalk for the cruise control. Make sure it is firmly plugged in. If they come loose, it will make the cruise not work.
          Taylor
          1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
          1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
          1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
          1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
          "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

i change the motor 3 week ago since this is changed the cruise stop working so im think my probleme coming from a wire near the motor but here in montreal the temperature is like -12C around 14F and i do not have a garage so im gona wait a couple day .........

Comment

If it was not so far of a drive, I would offer for you to come down here. It is in the high 70's, low 80's. Now if only I was not sick with a fever.....
              Taylor
              1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
              1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
              1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
              1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
              "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

Working...
              X