Injector Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector Cleaning

Anyone have any luck cleaning injectors with a canister type pressurized cleaner?.I am thinking about cleaning the injectors on this 3100 M engine I am working on.I have a misfire lean problem on #6 cylinder and was wondering what the best cleaning solvent to use.My supplier has 3M,BG and could probably get GM Top cleaner..but all I want to do is clean the injectors well..thanks,Joe.

Cleaning them may not even help if the injector just has failed or is seized up too much. You have an extra set of injectors just swap em and do it the right way! If one isn't squirting ANY fuel then it's majorly messed up...

After you swap injectors and have them installed in the fuel rail with new o-rings, you can hold a piece of cardboard under them, and have someone turn the key to the ON position and they will fire ONE quick squirt and you can verify all of them are spraying nicely. Then install them into the manifold.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Thanks IH,I will do just that in the 2 day's and replace pump as well..that should cover my bases and I expect success,Joe.

Comment

Working...
      X