o2 Sensor Brand Reccomendations? / want better mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 Sensor Brand Reccomendations? / want better mpg

Other than AC Delco... cause I don't wanna drop that much $ on it. The car is currently averaging slightly over 26mpg with about 80% highway miles. Lean cruise IS enabled and car is running on 87 octane. The o2 sensor has 100k miles on it so its due, I'm mainly looking to get better mileage out of this thing. I figure with mostly highway miles it should be upwards of 30mpg. So... what o2 sensor is good but lets say for ~$20 US. Or are they all the same? Any other mileage tips? Has new plugs, wires, fuel & air filters, just ran a can of top end cleaner through the intake and will eventually dump one in the tank. I dont have a heavy foot in this car so no need to mention that

==> all in regards to: 1990 Beretta, 3.1 5sp
    1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
    1994 Corvette
    LT1/ZF6
    2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
    3.7/42RLE

to answer my own question... I got a bosch. Adavanced Auto Parts only had bosch ones listed. Apparently the original one in the vehicle is bosch, according to the old dood behind the counter at least - and the computer in the store said there was no ac delco replacement for it, so maybe hes right. Sounds weird to me that the original wasnt ac delco but who knows, certainly not me. I got an AC Delco o2 sensor sitting on my desk for my dohc and it looks just the same as this bosch one thats going in the 3.1 so I dont know whats up with that. Either way, bosch unit with the connector = $21 US.
    1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
    1994 Corvette
    LT1/ZF6
    2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
    3.7/42RLE

Comment

I was gonna say go with a Bosch one...
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

AC Delco sells 2 sensors
        AFS20 SENSOR,OXY OEM SENSOR
        213-503 SENSOR,OXY RETAIL SENSOR
        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

...oil and gas

I had 120k on my factory o2, and the improvement was just a couple of mpg's....Went with Bosch tho.

Still experimenting with diff oils and gas, but so far Castrol Syntec Blend 5w30 and Marathon 87 octane give me the best gas mileage!

Comment

Working...
          X