sos...sos...help !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sos...sos...help !!!

i have a 2000 olds alero 3.4l, i recently changed the thermostat (180), and performed a coolant flush ( used the orange stuff 50/50) and recently had the oil/filter changed. everything was runnin' fine for a few weeks, great.......but now there are some weird things happenin' when startin' it cold a clicking noise appears then after 10 minutes or so , the tapping goes away. (a friend of mine reccomended some oil treatment to remove sludge)....so , yesterday the temp was reading hot, so i put the heat on and no heat is blowin' only cold air then while i was driving, the powersteering goes out, i pull over and look under the hood and see the motor running and the pulleys and belt were moving very slow but not motor not stallin' but running a little rough.( and then noticed a stripe of coolant under the hood and some spray on the belts and pulleys ( i guess the coolant made the belts slippery?), i then discovered a pin hole on the small hose that leads from the radiator to the resevoir, the res. had some coolant visible...drove a 1/2 mile and the temp went sky high.. parked it and thats that i'm goin' to replace the hose asap.hmmm and ta boot that top radiator stem is snapped,...i'm battin' a thousand.. wondering if anyone can help me? thanks optimus
    Last edited by optimusprime9; 09-20-2007, 03:08 AM.

if the neck on the rad is cracked then its time for a new rad, or you could get it repaired for cheaper...
    no heat means lowwwwww coolant, which makes sense as your temps whent sky high

low idle is most likely from the over temp.
    pray you didnt warp the heads/crack anything

Comment

thanks for your reply, i'm wondering if i could fix the neck, it's plastic and the break very low towards the bottom. if so how could i make the repair? or do i have to get a new rad? and if i get a get a new rad is the repair process difficult on this model?

Comment

I had a crack in my radiator in my Blazer, right at the neck. I tried fixing it with epoxy, but I think it just made it worse. 2 days after I messed with the epoxy, I just ended up replacing the radiator with a new one. So my recommendation : just replace the radiator and save yourself the hassle and future problems down the road.
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

also sprayed coolant on the belts and what not could be a result of the water pump dying... when those go it leaks fluid right onto the belt and whatnot and will spray it all over the hood.

Got Lope?
          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
          X