No announcement yet.

Replacing Intake Manafold gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or go to the junkyard and get a new stlye EGR and bolt it on there?

Would the plug harness connect the same? I am not sure how it is on 95's

Also I did the same thing as you did, misreading ft in for ft lbs! I got to about 35 till I noticed, backed off and redid it. Everything seems to be fine.
    SpudFiles
    Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
    Theopia
    Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
    3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

PCGUY he can't do that because he is OBD1.5. His EGR is not the linear type, its a 3 solenoid one, his ECM can't control the 96+ linear style.

You can block off the EGR yes. SAVE your old 3100 EGR tube you will need that for the adapter when it gets in stock. 3400-95-Modified is making more adapters for the store I believe now.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Hey guys engine is in and we are working on it... will let you know .. thanks for the help again...

Comment

Cool!! that's fast. Let us know if you have any snags. Remember to use your old injectors and FPR.
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

up stilll .. got like one more wire,,, a cable in the back that has I think 3 holes has a purple ring kinda rouded off rectangle... anyways.. i am gonna go search and see what that is... yeah you read the post right... it 1:00 in the morning... We were up tilll 3 the other morning..

Comment

Originally posted by techgeek27 View Post
              got like one more wire,,, a cable in the back that has I think 3 holes has a purple ring kinda rouded off rectangle.
              If you are able to post a picture I am sure someone on here could tell you where these go. I don't rember what color it was but if you don't have the coil packs back on yet these may be the wires that conect to your coils. There is also a MAP sensor under the coils. This wire was ran through the fuel injector harness on my motor and it was green with 3 wires. Sounds like you are making good time. Glad to hear things are going well.

Comment

DUPE
                Last edited by techgeek27; 09-23-2007, 07:09 PM.

Comment

ahhh another day in...

Originally posted by Baldeagle242 View Post
                  If you are able to post a picture I am sure someone on here could tell you where these go. I don't rember what color it was but if you don't have the coil packs back on yet these may be the wires that conect to your coils. There is also a MAP sensor under the coils. This wire was ran through the fuel injector harness on my motor and it was green with 3 wires. Sounds like you are making good time. Glad to hear things are going well.

Thanks BE I guess "good" time is not really the best way to say it..
                  I am basically trying to get this thing back on the road by monday. I took off friday and guy that is helping me my went to get the junk yard to get the engine.. so here is what the schedule was so far....

FRIDAY
                  10:00 am pick up engine.
                  11:30 am engine and car at his garage.
                  4:00 pm engine is out.

SATURDAY
                  3:00 am still swapping over everything and decide to go to bed...
                  ....|
                  ....|
                  ....|
                  .SLEEP <<<< ---SO TIRED
                  ....|
                  ...\|/
                  ....V
                  11:30 am back at it...
                  6:00 pm between this time we had to run part go to my neices birthday party. engine is backin.. boy that was a PAIN IN THE ARS... luckily the guy helping me was a freakin gunius .

SUNDAY
                  1:30 AM told the Guy helping to GO TO BED.. he had to get up at work this morning at 6:00...
                  4:00 AM found more than just the one wire i talked about in earlier posting.. (sorry not at the car to take a picture)
                  ....|
                  ....|
                  ....|
                  .SLEEP <<<<EVEN MORE SO TIRED AND SORE so sore>>>
                  ....|
                  ...\|/
                  ....V

I am back home right now and I am going to home with him to finish this thing once and for all.

Oh yeah is the crank sensor the one beside the oil filter on the 3400?

The plug that I am talking about is on the same wire harness as the fuel, i do believe. Any ways .. i gotta do some things around the house before the top of my wife's head BLOWS OFF
                  Last edited by techgeek27; 09-23-2007, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah is the crank sensor the one beside the oil filter on the 3400?
                    Hopefully someone else can confirm this but the wire next to the oil filter is more than likely your oil presure gauge/light. The crank sensor is behind the harmonic balancer on the front of the engine. I did not have to change either of these on my swap but a 1995 may be different.
                    You will more than likley have to change your cam position sensor because the connection will be different. This is the sensor that is on top of the block under where your power steering pump goes. It has one bolt in it and a wire coming out the top.

The plug that I am talking about is on the same wire harness as the fuel, i do believe.
                    There were two connections that were with the fuel harness on my car. One was the MAP connection. (Small black square under the coils with a vacuum line connected to the UIM.) I had to swap the MAP sensor from my 3100 because the 3400 was different. If yours has the same bracket you will only be able to put one of the two bolts back in it but this will be plenty to hold it in place. The second wire was at the far side (drivers side) and connected to the temp sensor around the thermostat.
                    My wife is out driving my car right now or I would go out and look for sure. Hopefully someone else may have a little more info to help you out.
                    Last edited by Baldeagle242; 09-23-2007, 01:31 PM.

Comment

A picture would really help us. But If coming from the fuel harness is it the temp sensor wire? What harness are you using? Maybe you are using the 99 harness and it has the same injector connectors as the 95? That would explain the 3 wire CTS connector...
                      Original L82 Longblock
                      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                        A picture would really help us. But If coming from the fuel harness is it the temp sensor wire? What harness are you using? Maybe you are using the 99 harness and it has the same injector connectors as the 95? That would explain the 3 wire CTS connector...

I am using nothing 99.. thed car is a 1995 buick skylark the engine is froma 2003 impala.

Some things i did during the change is :
                        - Swapped out the oil pan as the new oil pan did not have the sensor in the bottom.
                        - Ground off the one peg on the side plate on the timing chain cover.
                        - swapped the one sensor down by the oil filter.

There other things but some of the changes.
                        like blocked off the egr valve area. Till I get the plate.

Hopefully tommorow night i will have er running... I am gonna sleep like a baby tonight.. .

when i finally decide to get some sleep this morning.. I slept in the car LOL.. I did not want to disturb the household that was helping..

just to let you know... a skylark sucks to sleep in....

Comment

Er yeah I got your thread mixed up with another. A lot of 3400 swap threads lately.

Are you using the 95 injector rail/injectors/FPR?
                          Original L82 Longblock
                          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                            Er yeah I got your thread mixed up with another. A lot of 3400 swap threads lately.

Are you using the 95 injector rail/injectors/FPR?
                            yes sir ree ... slicker than snot on a doorknob

and i swapped over the TB linkage.

Comment

The sensor above the oil filter is your knock sensor and the oil pressure sending unit is just above the starter. Both of these screw into threaded holes. There is a 24x crank position sensor behind the dampener (crank pulley) that is held in place with two bolts and the 7x crank position sensor is on the rear of the block in the middle that's attached with one bolt.
                              MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
                              '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
                              http://www.tcemotorsports.com
                              http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

Engine is in and running... kinda...

the idle will not set.. It run rough then it revs up high and stays there,
                                If i put it in drive at idle it bogs down and shut off...

We are thinking maybe we did not tightin the spring on the throttle body enough ... soo disapointing.. wanted it back home....

Comment

Working...
                                X