Yellow Exaust Valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Exaust Valves

Im currently in the process of hybrid swapping my 88 z24 with a 3.1 over to 01 3400 harware. Ive done a few mods to the 3.1, but it just wont flow up high were i want the power. Anyways, when i pulled the front head, number 1 exaust valve was a nice yellow, number 2 was white, and number 3 was a light yellow. Now before i start throwing more air at this motor with th 3400 top end, i need to know if the yellow is caused by a lean condition. Because if its leaning out like that now, i could only imagine the carnage the 3400 top end would bring. Ive got 3400 manifolds, 2.5 mandrel downpipe to a dual 2.0 mandrel exaust with a highflow cat and magnaflow muffler, ffp udp, WAI, comp 1.6 rockers, and a couple other odds and ends ive probley forgotton. Nothing is too crazy at all, i just need to know if im going to need an assload of tuning so that this thing doesnt cough a piston, becasue im tossing the .40 iron head gaskets on with the 3400 stuff and possibly a mild cam down the road.

Im not sure what your asking.... but a rich/lean condition is caused by the computer almost always. Rather its a malfunctioning circuit or an injector not firing. Make sure thats all in working order before doing any engine mods. In relation to the newer top end... if you have the heads off, best bet is to take them to a pro speed shop and to a bench test on them. They'll pressure check for cracks in the head (invisible to the naked eye) and they can tell you if your valves are still good or not.

Whenever you do any kind of engine work like swapping heads its important to get the car tuned to the new setup. The factory designed your computer to make your engine to run a certain way, your changing that way so you have to change the way the computer runs everything.

Sorry I dont know if I understood what you were asking but I hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
    X