why is there gas in the intake hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is there gas in the intake hose?

I was just checking over my car again, since it still had a high rolling idle and would stall/flood when warming up, but when cold and hot it was okay. i found that the hose for the pcv valve was majorly leaking at the throttle body. i fixed it and this took care of the high idle, but i pulled the intake hose and found gas in it. Im assuming that it came from the line that runs from the intake hose to the back of the motor......did i get fuel in here becuase of the vacuum leak and flooding on warm up that would make it stall, or do i have another problem? any help would be appreciated.

first off welcome.
    secondly what kinda car ya got, engine etc.

3rd...i'ma go out on a limb here and say i belive your fuel pressure regulator is no good.
    the diapram has broken letting the vacuum hose suck in more fuel...
    1992 nissan maxima se (190hp/205tQ)

Comment

i have a 94 corsica with the 3100. a little history. i bought it for 200. the car ran like crap. the firing order was all messed up and the plugs fouled. i fixed the firing order and used a torch to clean the plugs(cheap fix), and found the vacuum hose to the evap seleniod was unhooked. after fixing these, it ran better, but when warming up it floods out real bad and had a high rolling idle, but seems okay when cold and hot. today i found that the gromet where the pcv hose goes into the back of the throttle body was gone and leaking vacuum. fixed this and the idle is normal, but i was wondering if i could have gas in that hose cuase of all the vacuuming leaks? how do i check if the fuel pressure regulator is bad? thanks for your help

Comment

well well well...the 3100 these are pretty good engines.
        i paid $200 for my 94' gt.
        the fpr (fuel pressure regulator) is located on the driver side in located on the fual rail.

remove thge vacuum line and if you see wetness in or around the vac hose then that could very well be your problem....
        1992 nissan maxima se (190hp/205tQ)

Comment

Working...
        X