A/C problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C problem

Well its hot and my a/c doesnt work put it on the scanner an it is not turning on the blower works and you can here the clutch kick in but hot air . And I tryed to charg e it but it will not take any ideas 1994 pontiac 3100 . R134 . It say it has 100 psi on the high side ? dont really mess with a/c any info or what to check thanks bb

Does the air come out warm like the A/C just isn't working, or hot like the heat is still on? When the clutch kicks in does it stay engaged, or does it constantly cycle on and off?

Comment

oh...you have a 94 3100...welcome to the club.
      well the cltuch is kicking on.
      but it should build up pressure to about 200psi...well thats what my scanner shows with the ac on.
      oh..does the cooling fan come on??
      look at the scanner see if it shows the pressure switch on.
      i had to play with mines a bit.
      1992 nissan maxima se (190hp/205tQ)

Comment

Yea clutch kicks on but it blow hot air on the scanner its reading 100 psi . The scanner says it requesting on a/c(Yes )but it say not enabled (NO) Got to put it on after work Hot today I put a reman compressor on when i got the car a few mounths back . Did the oil fill And put a half can 0f r134 in it . But it does change temp when you turn the dial to hot . But I will recheck after work . To confirm questions check the fuse to

Comment

O and the fan doesnt come on ethier .

Comment

Originally posted by handshift View Post
            Did the oil fill And put a half can 0f r134 in it . But it does change temp when you turn the dial to hot . But I will recheck after work . To confirm questions check the fuse to
            You said earlier you tried to charge it. Is this the charge you're talking about or have you tried to charge it since then. I would say it probably calls for more than half a can of freon. I have always need at least a can and a half for my cars, sometimes more, depending on the car.

Comment

Yes just a one half a can would not take any more . I put a pressure guage on it and it read 35 psi on the low and 50 psi 0n the high.side . I think the compressor is bad . some one said the vanes or something is bad . ?? And its a reman one to . What do you think flush the sytem and vacum it out . Start over agian .

Comment

When I charged the A/C in my cars last summer, they didn't seem to want to take the whole first can either, and wouldn't take any from the second can, even though the air wasn't blowing cold. Both cars did this, both cars were empty, and each one required at least a can and a half. I ended up having to feed the second can upside down, feeding the freon in liquid form. I've been told that it was an absolute NO, NO to do it like this, so if anybody has any better ideas, please chime in, but it did work, and still does. R U sure that clutch is engaged while your filling? I've never seen my A/C clutch engage without turning on my radiator cooling fan?

Comment

Are your pressures equal with the car off?

If the scanner says ac enabled (no), chances are the pcm is not feeding the clutch 12v for some other reason.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMan View Post
                    When I charged the A/C in my cars last summer, they didn't seem to want to take the whole first can either, and wouldn't take any from the second can, even though the air wasn't blowing cold. Both cars did this, both cars were empty, and each one required at least a can and a half. I ended up having to feed the second can upside down, feeding the freon in liquid form. I've been told that it was an absolute NO, NO to do it like this, so if anybody has any better ideas, please chime in, but it did work, and still does. R U sure that clutch is engaged while your filling? I've never seen my A/C clutch engage without turning on my radiator cooling fan?
                    Liquid will kill the compressor, fill only through the low side when running.

Comment

Originally posted by kill_them_all View Post
                      Liquid will kill the compressor, fill only through the low side when running.
                      A few people have told me how bad it was. I guess I was lucky.
                      Last edited by TazMan; 07-30-2008, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Well I charged last night I empty it out and put a new can in shaked it up And the compressor kick in fan turn on and it took the hole can in about 7-9 minutes . Then about a 1/4 of the second can I didnt do anthing special . But You are right it took awhile to take the hole can . I kept going under the car and shaking it and putting it up side down for a few seconds . And
                        I got air But the Alternator went on the way home from work So I got to fix that know . Thanks For the help everyone God bless !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X