Smog Pump Delete Pulley....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smog Pump Delete Pulley....?

Does such a part even exist for the engine in my sig? Already have an A/C delete pulley for a V8, and am just about ready to modify it some to adapt to the 3.1, but before I go through the trouble, has anyone heard of an afermarket source who literally makes them....?

You should be able to just take the smog pump out and run a shorter belt. You would go from the alt. to the crank and then the water pump.

Comment

Agreed.
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by grimmcs View Post
        You should be able to just take the smog pump out and run a shorter belt. You would go from the alt. to the crank and then the water pump....
        Considered that, but it would be much easier for me to simply modify the A/C delete pulley. The A/C on the 3.1 has already been tossed, and it would probably take me longer to find a matching belt (minus A/C and smog), then it would to convert the piece. Either way, will have pictures for this thread when done....

Comment

I agree with the other guys, just delete it all together. Finding the right belt is just a matter of running some rope around the pulleys and marking/measuring it.
          Links:
          WOT-Tech.com
          FaceBook
          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird
            I agree with the other guys, just delete it all together. Finding the right belt is just a matter of running some rope around the pulleys and marking/measuring it....
            It's a little bit more complicated than that, as I'm simply not looking to run a shorter belt. I honestly need to re-use the factory belt to run my Vortech S/C. I already fabbed the delete pulley using the V8 one, I just didn't want to ruin it, and was hoping that an aftermarket source offered them before I altered it....

Comment

Originally posted by Street Lethal View Post
              It's a little bit more complicated than that, as I'm simply not looking to run a shorter belt. I honestly need to re-use the factory belt to run my Vortech S/C. I already fabbed the delete pulley using the V8 one, I just didn't want to ruin it, and was hoping that an aftermarket source offered them before I altered it....
              Oh well you didnt mention the S/C... The only smog delete pully Ive heard of is from GM---> LINK

Comment

Originally posted by grimmcs
                Oh well you didnt mention the S/C... The only smog delete pully Ive heard of is from GM.
                Thanks for the link. Yeah, I've been a member over on ThirdGen.org for four years now. Already modified my existing delete pulley, and it came out rather well. Didn't mention the S/C, initially, as I was hoping I didn't have to. Was looking to surprise a few certain people....

Comment

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I've been a member over on ThirdGen.org for four years now. Already modified my existing delete pulley, and it came out rather well. Didn't mention the S/C, initially, as I was hoping I didn't have to. Was looking to surprise a few certain people....
                  I'm still not getting it I guess. Even with the S/C in place, you can still measure for a different belt as long as the pulleys are turning in the right direction.

Well, now you let the cat out of the bag....

now you are going to have to share .
                  Links:
                  WOT-Tech.com
                  FaceBook
                  Instagram

Comment

I'm still not getting it I guess. Even with the S/C in place, you can still measure for a different belt as long as the pulleys are turning in the right direction.

Well, now you let the cat out of the bag, now you are going to have to share...
                    Is this "First-Firebird"...?

You'll see pics very soon...

Comment

Just wanted to elaborate for you guys, as after re-reading my first post, I see how confusing it might have been to picture everything;

Stock 3.1. A/C was tossed, and was running a non A/C serpentine belt for quite awhile. Decided to lose the Smog Pump, but wanted to use a pulley, as opposed to running a shorter belt. The V8 delete pulley that I modifed is where the Smog Pump used to be, not the A/C...

Comment

Is this "First-Firebird"...?

You'll see pics very soon...
                        Why yes it is! =) Haven't changed mt name at TGO yet, lol.

I still don't see why you couldn't use a shorter belt, it woul actually help keep fron slipping with the S/C.
                        Links:
                        WOT-Tech.com
                        FaceBook
                        Instagram

Comment

I still don't see why you couldn't use a shorter belt, it woul actually help keep fron slipping with the S/C.
                          I agree with the slippage issue, but I need to get this thing tuned right away. A shorter belt is definitely an option in the near future though, that's for sure....

Comment

Didn't mention the S/C, initially, as I was hoping I didn't have to. Was looking to surprise a few certain people....
                            Well you can still surprise most of the people over in TGO. I havent seen too many people from there over here.

So how far along are you?

Comment

Originally posted by grimmcs
                              Well you can still surprise most of the people over in TGO. I havent seen too many people from there over here....
                              True, but you never know....

Originally posted by grimmcs View Post
                              So how far along are you?
                              Still finishing up the bracket to support the Vortech unit. Waiting patiently to do so, as I need to start burning a PROM soon. Mega-Squirt is a given, but that's later on though...

Comment

Working...
                              X