Help! No start 3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! No start 3.1

I have a 91 firebird 3.1 w/134k miles. I get in the car to come home from the store and it dies buy the time I get to the other side of the parking lot. I started it back up and it ran fine for about 3 miles and i'm stoped at a light the cars idleing fine them it just died. I couldn't get it started again towed it home. Checked for codes got a code 34, so I changed the MAP sensor. Then I started it up and it chuged for 30 seconds and then ran great for three days no problems. Got in to go home and it wouldn't start. Towed it home checked for codes got a code 34. So I took the sensor back and excanged it for a new one, still won't start. Checked the MAP circut, every thing checked out good. Also checked the TPS its good. It tries to start when you crank it sometimes. Did GM still use ignition moduals with ECM's? I think it's ether the ecm or the coil. Any thoughts would help. Sorry so long winded. Thanks

How do you check the coil? What kind of numbers should I get from it?

Comment

Comment

Thats great info, but I don't have a DIS. I have the old school distributor.

Comment

oops sorry man, i know nothing of the dizzy 60*v6, is it hei ?
          you can check out the thirdgen.org, theres a 60* section there, http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/v6/
          someone there would know forsure
          Last edited by sil; 04-07-2007, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X