No start after head gasket replace.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No start after head gasket replace.

Okay, so finally I got some time to put everything back together after I replaced the head gasket and LIM gasket. The motor turns fine but will not fire. The only thing I can think of is that I might have plugged some clips into the wrong place. It seems for the most part that all the connectors only fit into one place, is this right, or could I have mixed them up? When I turn the key to the on position the engine light lights up, goes off and then stays solid, is this normal? Also, please confirm that the fire sequence is:
    1-3-5
    2-4-6

3.1/3100 witch engine is it 3100 are 123456 i think
    Ford Guy says to we " keeping up with that General Maintenance as you drive a gm?' I say to him well when you found on road dead tomorrow, I'll be in the next province.

Comment

You have the cylinders numbered correctly. Number 1 is on the rear bank, passenger side. It would probably be a good idea to double check the connectors and that the wires are on the right coil packs.

Comment

Make sure you have all the wires plugged into the module- I don't remember how many connectors there were for sure- at least three, I think. Make sure all your plug wires are routed correctly. Open the bleeder a bit with the key turned on and make sure you've got some fuel pressure. Make sure you don't have some MASSIVE vacuum leak like the brake booster hose or the PCV hose. Make sure your cam sensor and injector wires are hooked up.

How much have you cranked it? I've had to crank the engine a significant amount after having the injectors out... I guess to get the air bled out.

Comment

Thanks, it turns out I forgot to plug a connector in. One more thing though, I have a coolant leak and it looks like its comming from the middle bolt on the front engine mount bracket. Does this bolt support the water pump housing or something?

Comment

If what you're talking about is on the right side of the car above the crankshaft, that bolt goes into the water jacket and is supposed to be installed with sealant.
            I modify stuff

Comment

Working...
            X