Distributer Wiring Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributer Wiring Harness

Isuzu/chevy distributer..... I am putting a new one in the engine swap I'm doing and I tried to take the old wireing harness off the old one and it pretty much just crumbled cus of the heat. The isuzu engine has wiring for the seven pin like the chevy's I have been looking all over for it I'm thinking It might be dealer item but I hate that cus it sucks paying dealer parts cost. It has a four pin connector and then a two pin connector. Those are the outside plugs. The inside ones are the ones that crumbled. The one that seals up the body of the distributer and the one that plugs into the control module

Anybody Know where I can get this wring harness??

Bueller?? Bueller??

Comment

That "harness", if I'm reading this correctly is actually part of the mag trigger, and is not available seperatly, since it's hard wired to it.

You are talking about the internal 2 pin connector that is a yellow in colour and has a tab that hooks onto the module, correct?

Comment

Nope I'm talking about the wires that come out and go to the Coil and the Knock and retard sensors. It also has a resistor on it it has five wires that plug into the control module. Here is a link of the control module http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,7172

Then as it exits the distributor and housing there are six wires. A pair go to the Coil and then the other four go to the knock control module

Comment

Originally posted by ignoreance View Post
          Nope I'm talking about the wires that come out and go to the Coil and the Knock and retard sensors. It also has a resistor on it it has five wires that plug into the control module. Here is a link of the control module http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,7172

Then as it exits the distributor and housing there are six wires. A pair go to the Coil and then the other four go to the knock control module
          Ok...
          Stealership. For new anyway.

There shouldn't be a resistor, they haven't used resistor wires or limit resistors since points were used in the early '70s.

Comment

It's not a resistor really but it is like a heat sink off of a ground wire or thats what I'm assuming. But yeah Thats What I thought Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ignoreance View Post
              It's not a resistor really but it is like a heat sink off of a ground wire or thats what I'm assuming. But yeah Thats What I thought Thanks
              Pic?

Comment

The Black Three prong clip is broke and the plastic that mounts and holds the ground wire and seals up the distributor is broke
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ignoreance; 04-07-2007, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Stealership had it. I was just hoping to get it somewhere else cheaper. I'm a poor boy now 140.

Comment

Working...
                  X