Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 3.1 has more tq under pt-thrtle, than full??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that physically possible for the car to be quicker at 75% throttle over 100%? Well i did a few mods, played with it a bit, and now that fuckers QUICK. Man do I love that car now! Though I still only get 19-20mpg tops. 95% city driving.
    '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

With over 200,000 miles on the car I would check the compression. You could be starting to get blow by. Do you ever see blue smoke out of the tail pipe during acceleration?

Comment

Car only has 152k on it, but no there is no smoke. In fact, this car is such a great runner, i have over 3k on my oil and it still looks like brand new, light-colored oil. I'm kinda tempted to take a pic for the heck of it lol
        Heck. My 240k mile 5spd '90 GP had hardly any smoke during hard acceleration, and that thing was QUICK. And it got better gas mileage.
        '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

That post was meant for the other guy, I was just too lazy to quote.

Comment

Working...
          X