LIM gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIM gasket

How do I know with out taking my intake off if my car has pushroad guides on the LIM gasket it is a 96 lumina w/3100 at advance autos web site they have both listed for my car any help would be great

If it's a '96, then it SHOULD have pushrod guides and roller rockers. As I'm sure you noticed, the intake gaskets are different depending on which valvetrain style you have. HOWEVER...

If you go with the FelPro "problem-saver" gaskets- and you should- then you'll have the same part number whether you have roller rockers or not. I THINK that part number is MS98004T- but you'll want to verify that. These are metal/rubber gaskets, vastly better than the cheap (and original) plastic ones.

Comment

thanks that way I can get the parts before I tare it apart
      Matt

Comment

Lotsa threads on this subject- do a search and some lookin' around.

KEEP THEM PUSHRODS IN ORDER! YOU ARE DAMNING YOU ENGINE TO A SUDDEN DEATH IF YOU DO THIS LIM JOB AND GET AN INTAKE PUSHROD SWAPPED WITH AN EXHAUST ONE.

Ok... calmed down. But seriously, that was for the good of your engine. We get posts here all the time where somebody has FUBARed their V6 'cause they got a pushrod out of place. Don't do it.

Comment

he's not kidding...

Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
          3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
          Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
          2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
          TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

I know that I need to keep pushrods in order i have done headgaskets on a few other vechicles

Comment

LMAO i have seen it done. It sounds like a diesel when first startup happens and then a boom!!!

Comment

Working...
              X