Oxygen Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxygen Sensor

Okay well after installing a new generic tuned pcm. I had 3 problems in the check engine light. 2 were normal and are now gone. 1 i cannot get rid of. P0135. Heater circuit malfunction. So i bought a new sensor and installed it. Then all hell broke loose..... The car had no idea what it wanted to do. I accelerated then when i went to leave it in the same place she lost power even interior lights and then shut down showing battery problem. Its a brand new battery so i know its not the battery. In order for me to keep the car going i had to pump the gas even then my lights dimmed. It completely bypassed the battery. After this i went home and put my stock one back on. Car is functioning but she still has the engine light. So... any help on this?

The sensor is located on the rear of the engine right before the exhaust goes out. its the upstream sensor malfunction. No i do not recall a pipe going over the transmission to the exhaust but i could be wrong. The sensor is a Bosch Premium Oxygen sensor O.E.M.
    Last edited by Tdunk; 01-22-2007, 02:30 PM.

bosch sensors suck first off and second you do have an exhaust pipe that goes over the trans

i would try and get a replacement sensor and then see if that solves the problem, also, check your sensor wiring

Comment

yah, well all the upstream O2 sensors i have seen from GM dealers have been Denso, including the last one i saw was the one i put in about 5k mi ago, so make really sure its the right one. yah i dont like bosch either

Comment

The one i pulled out was denso. Autozone said it may have been a faulty part and since it comes with a 1 year warrenty theyre replacing it. Hopefully this solves the problem. If not then well.... its either the wiring or the computer because my stock computer never read anything. So once i put the new one in i'll go from there. Hopefully there wont be any more problems....

Comment

well usually if you switch back and forth from the aftermarket comp to the stock comp, then you will prob have to do the security relearn, there should be a post about it somewhere. and i would ONLY get the delco part, nothing else. universals suck i think and the ones that u have to splice in arent any good either. make sure you use dielectric grease on the connection also, squirt a good amount in there. other than that, if you have any codes pop up, have them scanned.

Comment

Its O.E.M. and autozone said it didnt make a difference. Although still havent had a phone call that it was in yet.... hmm

Comment

o it makes a big diff if its the downstream or upstream O2

Comment

lol no i meant Denso from Bosche. They dont carry denso so i had to get bosche. I knwo those 2 sensors make a big difference. 1 thing for damn sure is the rear sensor has a long ass wire haha.

Comment

it does make a difference, denso is proven more accurate, thats why so many OEM's use them

Comment

Working...
                  X