overheating after couple of days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overheating after couple of days

I replaced intake gaskets on a friends 99 alero with a 3.4 v6. After completing this, the car ran fine for several days. After about 3 days, the car was blowing water out the reservoir. I bled the system, which I did not do the first time and everything was fine for the same period of time and then it started happening again. The only problem i can think of (apart from a warped/cracked head) is that the bypass hose that comes out of the throttle body (the one with a 90 degree turn) seems to be pinched where its not fully opened. This seems like it would impede flow to the throttle body but I would not think that it would cause some sort of backup in the coolant system. Whats odd is, there was no problem with overheating before replacing the gaskets. The car appears to be running really well with no hesitation. I drove it for 30 minutes in traffic with no overheating. I alternated between a/c and heater just to see if this was causing a problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated. BTW, the car has 107k miles. thanks

I would do a compression check on all cylinders and see if you have anything there. You can also go to autozone and rent a cooling system pressure tester. That is where I would start. I don't think the TB is going to cause this problem. Just run a hose between both nipples and bypass the throttle body completely.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
    X