Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Misfire at idle, some hesitation, some codes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update - did a cylinder balance test (again) and discovered the front center cylinder isn't doing much of anything. Swapping plug wires did nothing. Going to swap plugs next to see if the problem follows.... Otherwise I'm thinking injector and/or wiring.
    Okay now, that's enough of that.

Comment

nevermind - cylinder compression okay
      Last edited by ryan.hess; 01-31-2007, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Replaced injector and that cylinder's okay now.

Back to the random misfire...

Also noticed it reved to 2500-3000 after starting warm before settling down. Gotta be a vacuum leak somewhere.

Comment

Have you tried spaying starting fluid around?

Comment

Yes, and found another vacuum leak. Replaced the vacuum line, and fixed the hesitation (yay!! It's drivable again!)

However, there still is this persistant random misfire at idle (and only idle). It's like just some cylinders cut out and then come back to life.

Comment

Took it to the dealer.

Pissed away $90.

Their diagnosis: "just drive it"

F_CK.

Comment

Fuck the dealer, damn man. You paid them $100 and they didn't tell you or fix shit? I'd be pissed to, I'd say look, either tell me whats wrong or don't charge me for nothing.

I'd replace both crank sensors. The 7x one (tube shaped) has given me problems before and shut the whole car, off, but yours sounds like the 24x since it has to do with fine tuning idling....

Don't get autozone ones though, they fail after a year or less... they are cheap and cheap quality.
                sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                Original L82 Longblock
                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

First they gave me a bunch of BS about the tranny and engine mounts. I was like: "mmm.....no." Then they had me drive it around to get it to act up. I did, and brought it in while it was doing it's intermittant missing.

Then I don't hear anything for a couple days, and they call me back saying to find and fix the problem will cost lots of money and it won't be worth it in the end...

"So just drive it"

COINCIDENTALLY - I figured out how to scan the "OBD1.5" using a regular ALDL deal. Problem is I can't get it to automatically update with sensor data. Tunerpro only works if I click the "send command" button... Not sure wtf that's about. But once I have sensor data to datalog, I will OWN this problem.
                  Last edited by ryan.hess; 02-16-2007, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X