3.4l RWD Lower Intake Manifold question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4l RWD Lower Intake Manifold question

Hello, I知 new to the board and have searched everywhere for info or pics of a 3.4l RWD SFI lower intake manifold. I found a great set of comparison pics between Gen II and III LIMs, but not the old iron headed 3.4. Can anyone tell me how similar the RWD LIM is to FWD LIMs? I知 mostly interested in whether the interface between upper and lower manifolds is the same or at least similar. Pics would be great, but not required.

I ask since I知 looking at putting a 60d v6 in my MGB and am thinking about doing a customized upper intake. This would require a LIM similar to the Gen II/III LIMs that have round or oval ports somewhat evenly spaced.

Thanks a lot,
    Mike

a gen 1 motor (cast iron head 2.8, 3.1 or 3.1l) actualy have a lower, middle and upper manifold. the ports are rectangle ports in the middle of the lower maifold in one row. it is in no way like a gen 2 or 3 aluminum head motor. if you would like to base an intake off a gen 3 motor, the best way would be to get 3.4l pistons to throw into the gen 1 motor, use 3400 heads and lower intake. that would also be worth about 15-20hp.

Comment

Perfect Sharkey - that's all I needed to know. Thanks!

Comment

The 3.4L did not use a lower middle and upper intake. Just lower and upper. But it is in no way like a 3X00 intake.
        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
        X