No announcement yet.

Billet TB Linkage Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hrmm, very interesting, and looks like a very easy job, what im wondering most about this job though is this.... would this tb fit on my 3.1 rear wheel drive engine? my intake plenum isnt the same as the transverse engine intake plenums. if so consider 1 sold!!

Comment

They only bolt up upside down. The TB was designed to turn the shaft the other way but I don't know that it would work on an iron head manifold.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

any suggestions about what to do when you MAF is smaller then the giant T.B.

Comment

Buy a larger MAF.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

so it wont work on a 3.1 camaro motor...but what about the 3.4 motor the tbs bolt on complely diffrent

Comment

You can possibly make it work, but it wasn't designed for that application.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Is this retainer ring on the TPS side needed or should it be left out? There is no reference to it in your walkthrough...

Also... is it possible to reverse the rotation on this throttle body? The stock Fiero cable setup is to pull from the plenum side. I see the second hole for the stop screw, but that would screw up the TPS or could that just be 180'd as well?

Last edited by carbon; 03-21-2012, 10:25 AM.
                sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
                - Ben

Comment

Originally posted by carbon View Post
                  Also... is it possible to reverse the rotation on this throttle body? The stock Fiero cable setup is to pull from the plenum side. I see the second hole for the stop screw, but that would screw up the TPS or could that just be 180'd as well?
                  The second hole is exactly for that purpose. The TPS can be rotated 180 by grinding off the locating tang. Another option is to use the throttle shaft from a mid '90s 3100 with the metal bellcrank. The bellcrank can be pulled off by grinding the end of the shaft off, rotating it 180 and welding it back on. This keeps the TPS and throttle stop in the original positions. You can also move the bellcrank closer to the TB by removing a spacer on the shaft.
                  MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
                  '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
                  http://www.tcemotorsports.com
                  http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

It's also almost trivial to flip the throttle cable around so that it pulls the other direction. What bracket are you using to hold the stationary part of the cable?

~sam

Comment

Originally posted by neophile_17 View Post
                      It's also almost trivial to flip the throttle cable around so that it pulls the other direction. What bracket are you using to hold the stationary part of the cable?

~sam
                      I know... I just like how it runs behind the plenum mostly out of sight. I haven't come up with a bracket yet, but if it looks like the 3400 will work the best I may just go that route.

Any comment on the retaining ring in my first pic? It's the reason you need a hammer to remove the shaft from the original TB...
                      sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
                      - Ben

Comment

Its up to you if you want to use it or not when i tore apart my old tce unit the previous owner did not include that and it worked great

Comment

Originally posted by neophile_17 View Post
                          What bracket are you using to hold the stationary part of the cable?

~sam
                          It's pretty easy to make something like this.

MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
                          '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
                          http://www.tcemotorsports.com
                          http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

I never really thought to go inside next to the fuel rail... nice!
                            sigpic

- Ben

Comment

Working...
                            X