7730 Question/Intake Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7730 Question/Intake Manifold

Hey I was wondering if there is any difference in the 7730 from an automatic compared to a standard?

the ECM itself is identical, no matter what car or drivetrain it had.

the MEMCAL inside is obviously different, but it only takes a few seconds to swap.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Oh kk, I should have explained more. I'm doing a 3400 fiero swap and wanted to run it with the 7730 ecm although I got it out of an automatic baretta and was wondering if that is fine for the standard fiero?

Thx

Comment

So you have a Fiero with a 5spd, and are swapping in a 3400, and did the DIS 7730 swap, but the 7730 was from an automatic Beretta?

Since you will need to tune this anyway, that is not an issue. Just when you burn a chip or get a burned chip from someone, make sure to use a .bin that is from a manual car and tune with that on the chip.

So you are good.
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

what he said...

you'll be fine with a tune.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

What Isaac said......we've a Fiero with that setup in the family and that's precisely what we did......nice added bonus with the 3400/Getrag setup....torque/hp output is leaps & bounds better than the 2.8, and your highway fuel mileage can go up to approx 35 to the gallon.

91 LQ1 GP GT

Comment

Alright then jsut wanted to make sure before I put everything together. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X