No announcement yet.

What happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yah, I know. I'm glad to have found this website. Without it, I wouldn't have found out all the information that I have found out already. (I think I just confused myself. LoL )

Anyway, after I get settled in my new job and get this "new" car thing dealed with, I think this project will start taking shape. Of course, from now on, I'll only have evenings and weekends to work on it. Oh well, that's how it goes I guess.

I'll keep you up to date on my progress.
    1988 Grand Prix - project
    1999 Ford Explorer 4x4 - daily driver
    sigpic

Comment

since you have a more than small amount of body work to get done, i would look for the B4U body kit for it and that might cover up some of the bad spots. i know that part behind the door wont, lol nothing is gonna cover that smaller than a frying pan. but the body kit parts are easier to work on than the body itself, so you can basically just sand blast the body and paint it with rock guard. fit the body kit, after you sand it and stuff, line it up and and paint it all at once. who cares whats under the body kit. no one is gonna see that unless you crash!

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

since it's a 90 and earlier, it would be a B4M body kit. or at least that's what went on the TGPs. not sure if the 91-93 body kit would fit/look right. the 94-96 definitely won't if the 91-93 doesn't...
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

He could always swap to mini quads
          Alex (Big Al) Walker

someday GM will pull its collective heads out of their collective asses and listen to us... or go bankru... oops.

Comment

Originally posted by bigalwalker08 View Post
            He could always swap to mini quads
            let's not make this anymore complicated than it needs to be wouldn't that require swapping the whole front bumper anyway?
            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
            Latest nAst1 files here!
            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Yah, but that takes what? 15 min? At one point I had all the stuff for the swap
              Alex (Big Al) Walker

someday GM will pull its collective heads out of their collective asses and listen to us... or go bankru... oops.

Comment

he's having enough trouble finding the time for swapping the motor, let alone body parts.
                Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

well i figured when he was done the engine thing. i mean he did say he wants to make the car look decent enough to drive i recall being his words. one fast way would be to add some body cladding. even if its not GTP or TGP parts, dont the SEs get some sort of plastic shit on the sides?

Comment

might be the BYP package for the SE....

someone on W-body really needs to do a write-up with pics for all the body kits used on GPs.
                    Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Yah, as soon as I can find the time to get that dang motor swapped, I do intend to "repair" the body. The parts of the car that the body kits would cover up aren't bad at all. The parts that need to be fixed are: under LH side window (easy fix), behind LH side window (don't bother), LH front fender (easy fix), and RH front fender (replacement found for $60).

About the motor swap. I've read that I can reuse the 2.8's coil pack, I just can't install them under the exhuast manifold (stock 2.8L location). The article I read said that I can mount the coil packs in another location (fender, firewall, ?) and still use the 2.8's bracket. I just need to ground it somehow. Any ideas?

P.S. - please don't say "buy the 3100 coil pack". I don't have that kind of money right now.
                      sigpic

Comment

ground for a couple weeks with no TV.

Comment

What? I don't understand? I know there is something called the TV wire dealing with the electronics of the car. Is that what you mean?
                          sigpic

Comment

lol no, didnt you get grounded as a kid?? sent to bed with no desert or something? i dunno. it was a little joke. but honestly i would think that it grounds through either the mount (since the ICM has a metal casing, doesnt it??) i dunno i forget. but if there is a ground wire, well... ground it.

Comment

Gotcha loud and clear, SofaKing!

Ok, I'll find a place to mount it (most likely on one of the fenders).
                              sigpic

Comment

on the newer lq1 cars its up by the passenger side strut tower thinggy. (yes my professional lyngo went down the shitter)
                                i plan on moving mine just because they are in a STUPID spot on the older lq1s.

Comment

Working...
                                X