Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.8L exhaust leak, causing sluggish accleration?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do we have to go back in this thread?? i can go into asshole mode but were going to have to argue for a bit before red hulk comes out of me.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

• Hey, I'm not the one who started talking about all sorts of distusting smells. All I said was that hot brake fluid smells really bad.

Anyway, we're selling the S10, if anybody here wants it let me know. It's one heck of a truck, it just needs brake work.

I keep getting pulled away from working on the Grand Prix, so tomorrow I'm not letting anything get in my way of starting the process.
      1988 Grand Prix - project
      1999 Ford Explorer 4x4 - daily driver
      sigpic

Comment

• shut the doors, get lots of beer. turn off all phones and messaging devices. just wrenches, tools and car.

before you know it the motor trans and subframe will fall out of it like a whores tampon

Comment

• And people wonder why I turned the ringer off on the phone in the garage... Well, people bugging me and stupid "Out of area" calls...
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
          Originally posted by Jay Leno
          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

• Yah, luckly I don't have a phone in the garage.
            sigpic

Comment

• Guess what? Another day goes by without working on the car!
              I overslept this morning, and soon I will be making some phone calls concerning job possibilities (wish me luck). By the time I'm done with all that, I'll have to start getting ready to go to work (2 hr./day job in a retirement home). I guess I could go over and work on it late tonight, but I think I will most likely be working on it tomorrow.
              sigpic

Comment

• i think you need atleast a part time job, no times jobs kinda suck dont they??

how much would a guy make working 2 hours a day in a retirement home? (do they tip you in pepper mints?) -[EDIT] I guess it DEPENDS, huh? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SofaKingWeToddDid View Post
                  I guess it DEPENDS, huh? lol
                  dude, thats evil
                  1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                  Latest nAst1 files here!
                  Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by SofaKingWeToddDid View Post
                    how much would a guy make working 2 hours a day in a retirement home? (do they tip you in pepper mints?) -[EDIT] I guess it DEPENDS, huh? lol
                    Ha Ha Ha, you're good.
                    Actually, I make fair money, considering what I do.

And yes, I do need at least a part-time job. But there's nothing in my area that interests me. Oh well.

Hey, at least I'm sending out resumes and applications to all the Full time jobs that interest me.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Ok, back to the topic at hand.

I know this is premature, seeing how I haven't even started to pull the 2.8 out, but I was wondering if the 2.8 A/C compressor will fit the 3100? I want to remove all the A/C, but I've been told that I need to use an A/C compressor, otherwise, the belt won't be in the right place.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hopefully Lorenzo (gpse3400) will chime in on this. He has a wealth of 2.8, 3.1, 3x00 cross reference knowledge that would amaze a GM tech...
                        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                        Originally posted by Jay Leno
                        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

• The Gen 2 compressor will not fit your newer Gen3 block. You need either a Gen3 compressor or an A/C delete pulley like the part number I gave in a previous post. The Gen 2 compressor has 4 bolt holes around the circumference where as the newer compressors have bolt holes that are perpendicular to the compressor. The water pump needs the smooth side of the belt to run it so you need some type of idler or compressor; you can't run the belt straight to the crank. It would go from the power steering to the crank and wouldn't drive the water pump without some sort of pulley to bring the belt in contact with the water pump.

Comment

• i say screw AC!! get the delete.

Comment

• I plan on deleting the A/C. That was my plan all along!

I would like that part number again for the A/C delete pulley. Will that pulley mount in place of the compressor?
                              Please, I need all the answers I can get my hands on at the moment. I got a part-time job yesterday and I feel my time is even more limited now. Plus, my grandfather says he needs the Grand Prix out of his garage before November 13th.

If any of you have any great ideas on how to get this swap done soon, please let me know. Thank you very much!
                              sigpic

Comment

• I have an idea, GET STARTED ALREADY

Comment

Working...
                                X