Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.8L exhaust leak, causing sluggish accleration?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing with the squirrel turbo calc...

press the refresh maps button...
    thats with the turbo map that most closely matches the turbo i have...

410HP at 19PSI.... all from a 3.1
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by robertisaar View Post

410HP at 19PSI.... all from a 3.1

That's cool. I always enjoy a good turbo.
      In the diesel industry, just about everything we deal with has turbos.
      1988 Grand Prix - project
      1999 Ford Explorer 4x4 - daily driver
      sigpic

Comment

• except for the detroit diesels with the SC on the side...
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

• couldnt you get those diesels with a super and turbo charger?? lol

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

• i know there were some twin-charged motors in the 80s..... some might have been diesels...
            Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

• i saw them on trucks, the SC has a shaft right into the motor for it. and the turbo and SC had a Y pipe to join their outputs to the intake. it looked pretty weak to me.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

• Originally posted by 2.8 Grand Prix View Post
                See anything I've missed? I can use all the help I can get.

Yeah, GIT THAT FRAM OFF OF THERE! lol And don't even think of touching it with another Fram. My stand on Frams has been elevated lately as guys on the Ranger Station have been having Frams pop holes in the sides of the can. They aren't exploding, but one guy described it as having a hole "like it was shot with a .357". A couple guys thought their blocks had popped a hole because all of the oil under pressure had shot out all over the engine bay. Frams are bad news... If they can't starve your engine of oil by their normal means, by golly they are going to let it shoot out so fast you don't notice you lost pressure to take out your engine!
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                Originally posted by Jay Leno
                Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

• Yah, I plan on draining the oil in it before I put it in the car.

[Off topic]
                  As for the Detroit SC diesels, those were called two-stroke motors (just like a weed eater, eh?) and they were actually quite fast on the open plains (Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, most of South Dakota, ect.) However, the CAT and Cummins motors blew past them in the mountains. They were not noted for their low end torque, just as the '60s, '70s, and early '80s CAT and Cummins motors weren't known for high speeds.
                  [Off topic]
                  sigpic

Comment

• How long would it take for someone like me (who has never swaped a motor before) to do the entire swap? I was thinking of about a week, does this sound like too much time, not enough time, or what?
                    sigpic

Comment

• you know my opion on the time of it... but depending on who you have to help you (physically), that timeframe could be skewed quite a bit...

trust me: diesel is not something i need to be ed-u-macated on...
                      Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

• As of right now, I don't have anyone to help me. My grandpa said he might help somewhat. I hope that a week will be enough.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Look, More pictures!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	373962
                          Yah I know, it needs work.

Name:	Digital Dash.jpg
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	373963
                          Part-digital dash (only option on whole car)

Name:	Grand Prix 103.jpg
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	373961
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 2.8 Grand Prix View Post
                            As of right now, I don't have anyone to help me. My grandpa said he might help somewhat. I hope a week will be enough.
                            What is your definition of skewed, Robert? I know you said two days was more than enough for you.
                            sigpic

Comment

• example being you have two people helping you, its possible to get it done in less than 12 hours in AND out... if you know what you're doing anyways...
                              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

• alldata actually lists a 88GP motor swap at 7-10hours depending on what gets transfered from old to new.
                                Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Working...
                                X