3400 hard start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3400 hard start

hey guys can you help. I have a 01 alero with a 3400 that has a hard start. dosent matter cold or warm the start is a long excessive crank. car fires and runns ruff for 30 seconds then smooths out. no drivability issues at all. Actualy feel throttle is to touchy. with traction controll off half to 3/4 throttle will break tires loose. have autolite plugs in it feel they may be the issue asking before i change them at the cost of plugs. Excessive start has been for a while ruff idle just starting. did have a slow 02 switching code and cly 6 misfire code replaced the cly 6 plug and installed new 02 no codes never came back.

I've had nothing but problems with the Autolite plugs. I swiched them out for Delco Iridiums in my '04 grand am and it runs like a champ now.

you may want to replace the coolant temp sensor, sometimes it can cause hard starting issues. It thinks it's like -40 outside and floods the engine during cranking.
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

I agree that AC/Delco plugs are the way to go. You might try check fuel pressure. A bad FPR can cause hard starting. Also dirty injectors can cause rough running.

Comment

Working...
      X