3500 UIM direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500 UIM direction

can the upper intake on the 3500 be fliped to face the front of the engine rather then the back?

Yes, but only if the power steering pump is relocated. You may have to trim the timing cover as well.
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

no power steering pump to worry about.... why would it matter with the timing cover? i though the UIM was higher then the TC?

flipping it would give me more room for a turbo/Y pipe setup..

Comment

The TB neck drops down, which is where your interference is going to occur.
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

But you dont have a ps pump there so grinding the mounting area for the PS pump should get you the clearence that you need.
          95 Beretta- Lg8 Daily Driver
          94 Beretta z26- First ever 5-speed 3500 L body- In the works.

Comment

The alternator is gonna be in the way as well, assuming you have a cs130 stock. Also an idler pully must be added, to make sure the belt doesnt hit the plenum and possibly andother to swoop it back down to the balencer. Mine also points too much towards the strut tower, too hard to fit a CAI so i will have to notch the plenum neck. Does the 3500 plenum stick out further or "straighter" than the 3400 plenum? Anybody care to take a couple measurments for me?just looking at how far the plenum is moved, maybe measure to the lim or somthing? Forgot to add egr port should be cut from plenum as it hits the timing cover. I wanted to make mine flat but i think i need some meat to mount an idler, altough we shall see how an m62 changes the belt routing.....this is on a j-body btw
            Last edited by Weston19; 06-08-2009, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X