TBI Filter opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBI Filter opening

Is the TBI on a 4.3-2.8 V6 have the same size top as a 350-305 V8 TBI? (Where the air cleaner sits)
    '86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

Thinking about it I'm sure they're 5 1/8".
    '86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

Comment

Correct. There are the same size. Spectre makes those kinds of parts too.

Mr. Betterthanyou has a guide. http://members.shaw.ca/betterthanyou...cai/tbicai.htm

I saw a member on planetisuzoo used a K&N Apollo filter housing on his TBI to snorkel setup. I'm going to use one of those for the CAI on my Trooper as I'm not running TBI anymore.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Canyonero; 03-25-2009, 01:43 PM.
      '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
      '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
      '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
      '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

Comment

That thing on E-bay should work fine. But I wonder how strong it is. The one from Spectre is great it is heavy duty cast aluminum. No messing around with flimsy tin parts.
        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Only complaints I've ever heard about the fleabay kits are fitment issues but since your modding it anyways I don't see that as a problem. As a matter of fact I was looking at the fullsize kits myself for when I relocate a bunch of stuff so I can have room to mount a true cold air intake.
          87 3.4 4x4 blazer
          3 inch body lift, t-bar/shackle lift, 31x10.5s

Comment

Working...
          X