1997 Lumina ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Lumina ?'s

We are getting a 97 Lumina for our 16 yr old son. It's a base model with the 3100 V6 with 170,000 miles on it. I know the mileage is high but it's his first car and for $1,300.00 I feel it's a pretty good deal because I drove it already and it drives great. Is there anything I should look out for with the engine/trans. I've heard about intake gaskets needing replaced{I'm guessing that it has already had that done with this many miles. But I don't know the history with this car} Thanks in advance. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I'm new at this forum stuff.

Mark.

170k isn't all THAT many miles. my car had 167k miles on it, and it was ALL origional parts. untill the water pump locked up lol. so i doubt they have changed the lower intake gasket yet. that would be the FIRST thing i would do. it must be in VERY good shape to be 1,300 bucks. there 5 to 700 bucks here
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks. Yea you wouldn't guess it has that many miles on it by looking or driving it. It looks to be in great shape. Thanks again!

Mark.

Comment

Working...
      X