repair manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repair manuals

who makes the best repair manual?? haynes, chilton or mitchell?

GM, although I think they are Mitchell. Do a search on eBay and you can usually find a used set of Factory Service Manuals for a pretty decent price. Its what the dealerships use, so it can't be that bad. And unlike a Haynes or Chiltons, it is year and car specific.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Factory Repair manuals ftw. Haynes & Chiltons have their uses but are basically useless for any serious repairs.

Comment

+1 on the factory repair manuals. I got both for my '94 Corsica off ebay several years ago- best $45 I ever spent.

Since then, I also got the factory manuals for the wife's '01 Lumina. Cost $55. Haven't needed them much yet... but it's worth having just for peace of mind.

In my experience, Haynes manuals are completely worthless. Chilton's are better... but still lack critical details when it comes to wiring diagrams and such. Factory manuals have ten times the information.

Comment

I got the complete Lumina service manual (2 large books, one is strictly electrical) from Helm Inc. (800) 782-4356. They are excellent manuals. 38 bux canadian plus 9 bux shipping.

Comment

You can buy Helm manuals online at www.helminc.com. I have the complete set for my S-10 and for my Trooper.
            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
            Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Thank you very much.. I appreciate the info and am gonna look into that site..

Comment

Working...
              X