Fiero Rocker cover (right) hitting something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiero Rocker cover (right) hitting something

I put a set of Comp Cams 1.52 roller tip rockers on my 2.8/3.1 and the right(passenger side) cover is being hit by a rocker. The only thing in there is the PCV baffle. Has anyone else who uses these covers had a similar problem?
    It got late so I didn't pull it off yet. Tomorrow I will, or else I'll put 4 bolts in it and see if it hits.I haven't bolted either side down yet, but the drivers side has no issues.
    '86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

the rockers should not come anywhere close to the valve covers.

perhaps you need to recheck your work and make sure youve got everything right.

and check for forgotten tools.....
    3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe ALL FOR SALE (minus the car)
    96 LT4 6spd corvette. 355, AI 215cc LT4 Comp CNC Heads, Prope SRS pistons, Ported intake, ARH long tubes, Corsa Indy Pace 4:10 gears
    2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo 6spd
    1970 M35A2 Deuce and a Half, Spin on filters, Turned up IP, HIDs, Flat Black, 11.00x20 singles.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It's not tools. You can move it up and it seems to not want to knock, it may be something as simple as just bolting it up. But I left the bolts out because the covers are a bitch to take off so I wanted to make sure everything was A-OK before bolting them up. Then the right one was hitting on something.
      '86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

Comment

ya, the valve cover may be vibrating down onto the rockers. just bolt em up
        3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe ALL FOR SALE (minus the car)
        96 LT4 6spd corvette. 355, AI 215cc LT4 Comp CNC Heads, Prope SRS pistons, Ported intake, ARH long tubes, Corsa Indy Pace 4:10 gears
        1970 M35A2 Deuce and a Half, Spin on filters, Turned up IP, HIDs, Flat Black, 11.00x20 singles.

Comment

I was able to tuck my Crane Gold race rocker under my Fiero covers. I had to grind the rocker body a little but just on the tips of the corners. Stamped rockers should fit no problem.
          1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
          1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
          Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Thanks for the reply again. I found out what it was. In order to use the Fiero covers you need to swap them side for side(LH to RH, RH to LH). I'm embarrassed to say this but I had the right one end for end. I noticed it when I couldn't get the gasket to fit. Man, shit really does happen when you get tired or you have a bout of "dumb ass".

Comment

ive been through six engines in 2 years.....

its been more than a bout of dumbass

Comment

I'll tag this on this thread. Got my rockers on, not hitting anything, but I'm getting a crummy idle. My cam is an Edelbrock clone from A.R.I . Dur@.050 204-214,lift .420-.443, lobe centers 107-117. I must be getting some more lift (?). I'm going to idle it up some on the right side screw and not the TPS. I the meantime, any ideas? Everything is hooked right with no vacuum leaks. Over 1000 rpm it runs great but seems to load up below that even when on the road when the rpm gets real low.

Comment

Check timing. But I have no idea what kind of engine this is. Please make a signature with your year, make and model.
                  1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                  1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                  Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                    X