Fuel Return Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Return Question

I'm new to the 60-V6 world and I just got a 3.4 SFI from a 94 Camaro. I'm in the process of trying to get it running on a test stand.

My first question for the moment is this:
    When the fuel pump comes on prior to cranking (2 sec.), should fuel be coming back out of the rail through the return line? I'm getting no fuel back out of the rail, so I'm wondering if my regulator might be stuck. If it is, how can i check/fix it?

For some reason, the engine will only run on starting fluid and doesn't even try to run on its own.

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Pat

seems like its not getting fuel up to the rail. check and see if there pressure at the schrader valve. that will tell if the fpr is dead heading the fuel system. but i still dont think theres fuel at the rail
    '86 Grand National

Comment

When I pulled the rail and injectors off the engine, gas sprayed out when I pulled the fuel line off the rail, and gas drained from the rail when I lifted it up.
      BUT, when I push the valve in on the fitting on the rail, nothing comes out.
      So, what is in between the main rail and that fitting? Or maybe the fitting's clogged?
      Thanks man.

Comment

yeah check your saginaw fittings, seems like your on the right track. if theres no other restrictions that you can find maybe the fp is shot?
        '86 Grand National

Comment

Ah, well it looks like it was the pump. The regulator looked fine. Gonna get another one from pull-a-part. Thanks man.

Comment

Working...
          X