Not getting gas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting gas!

Alright, for a little background...I pulled a 3.4 SFI out of a 94 Camaro (bad year for tuning, I know, but I'll probably megasquirt it eventually), along with pretty much the entire wiring harness and computer.
    I did this because I intend to run it in my tube frame railbuggy that I'm in the process of building.

Now, I'm trying to get it started sitting in a stand with just the engine wiring harness and spliced in power connections to completely bypass the chassis wiring harness. I also have made a passkey bypass circuit.

So, I turn on my switches and the fuel pump runs for 2 seconds and quits (as it should) and I turn the engine over...no cigar.

I checked the spark, that's good, but I'm not seeing or smelling any fuel on the plug. I unplugged an injector and put power to everything(not turning over) and checked the voltage in the injector plug. It read 13-14v across the two wires, constantly. Checked another injector...same thing.

Aren't they supposed to be reading no voltage due to the ground not being connected? Otherwise wouldn't they be sending a steady stream of fuel into the cylinders? (obviously not happening)
    Any ideas on what my problem could be? Be sure to take into account that I could have something not plugged in.
    I apologise for the gigantic post!

Hmmm...nothing like a warm welcome!
    I think I figured it out though, thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
    X