• Show
Clear All

• Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

• That absorption chamber with the holes, does that have any roving in it? Not sure how that really works there is no cut away of it..
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

• I would imagine that it would have something revolving around it... thats how my mufflers are... straight through design with revolving fibers around it
        sigpic
        1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
        3400/Getrag 284 5spd
        1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
        350/NV3500 5spd
        2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

• Well in that case, get a Borla....all stainless steel, even the packing material. I call BS on the Magnaflow blowing out.....it physically cannot happen. Borla does have the advantage of not using any traditional packing material and using stainless steel wool throughout.

Comment

• Originally posted by 19Cutlass94 View Post
            I would imagine that it would have something revolving around it... thats how my mufflers are... straight through design with revolving fibers around it
            Same here. That's how my SLP Powerflo's are.

Comment

• Well just an update, put that 18" vibrant performance resonator on, had to really. Cops started to follow me around late at night so I had to idle around everywhere to keep it quiet .

Most of the rasp is now gone and it still sounds very mean, just not quite as loud.
              SpudFiles
              Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
              Theopia
              Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
              3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

• i had a magnaflow mounted right after the cat for like 2 years and it never blewout

Comment

• Look on street fire.net and look under turbo grand prix. there is an old video of some kid with a turbo grand prix with a 2.5 inch turbo back exhaust I think he had Flow Master 40's it sounded great no rasp at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by PCGUY112887 View Post
                    Well just an update, put that 18" vibrant performance resonator on, had to really. Cops started to follow me around late at night so I had to idle around everywhere to keep it quiet .

Most of the rasp is now gone and it still sounds very mean, just not quite as loud.
                    Thats basically how mine turned out! Did you get the same one I got or did you opt for the ultra-quiet one?
                    sigpic
                    1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
                    3400/Getrag 284 5spd
                    1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
                    350/NV3500 5spd
                    2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

• Turbo's quieten down exhaust a lot though.. So you can't really compare that.
                      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                      Original L82 Longblock
                      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

• I got the regular one, exact same one you did. Took the shop under 10mins to install, took longer to get my card ran for the bill.
                        SpudFiles
                        Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
                        Theopia
                        Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
                        3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

• What goes on inside a "stock" muffler to modify sound? The PO of my Celebrity installed a V6 Camaro muffler with dual tips on the stock exhaust (1.75" I think) and it's got a decent sound, and I'd like to keep it when I get a new exhaust to replace the rust farm that is the stock setup. What would you guys recommend for size on a 3.1 MFI, and what muffler should I go with? I'll be keeping a cat on there for emissions.
                          Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

Comment

• The best overall pipe size for a basically stock 3100 is 2.25" You don't need anything bigger unless you have headers/CAI etc. In that case, 2.5" would be ideal.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98malibu3.1 View Post
                              Well in that case, get a Borla....all stainless steel, even the packing material. I call BS on the Magnaflow blowing out.....it physically cannot happen. Borla does have the advantage of not using any traditional packing material and using stainless steel wool throughout.
                              I need to take a look inside, but as i said it got worse everyday i drove it. Louder and raspier. The muffler is very old, and like i said, it is loud as all hell and raspier than when i first installed it. MUCH louder.

Anyways, Ive decided on going with an aerochamber after all. But headers come first, and a cat is required, so i still have an assload of shit to put together. Once the headers are done, i can peice together the cat and the aerochamber. I just hope the Dual In/Out converters arnt too much wider than the standard 2.5. Otherwise im gonna have to do somthing with the floorpan.......Im also thinking after i install this new setup, if its still not were i want it, i can always throw a 2nd muffler at the rear. Somthing nice and straight through.

Comment

• I had an exhaust that got really loud and raspy over a period of time. Ended up that the weld between the muffler and exhaust pipe had rusted, so I was running no muffler.
                                -Brad-
                                89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                                sigpic
                                Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
                                X