No announcement yet.

Exhaust Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have to add something to your exhaust system... band clamps are the way to go!!!! I have them on my exhaust... dont leak and work great!

BTW, PCGUY, i should have clips up tommorow ( my cable is currently MIA ) but this resonator I put in, it didnt get rid of 100% of the rasp, but it got rid of close to 80% ( if I had to guess ) and it deff quieted it down ALOT.
    sigpic
    1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
    3400/Getrag 284 5spd
    1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
    350/NV3500 5spd
    2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

Originally posted by 19Cutlass94 View Post
      If you have to add something to your exhaust system... band clamps are the way to go!!!! I have them on my exhaust... dont leak and work great!

BTW, PCGUY, i should have clips up tommorow ( my cable is currently MIA ) but this resonator I put in, it didnt get rid of 100% of the rasp, but it got rid of close to 80% ( if I had to guess ) and it deff quieted it down ALOT.
      Hey man, did you clamp in the resonator that you bought. It's the same one that was linked a few pages back right? I'm seriously thinking about going with one of those. If you used clamps, what kind? I was looking at the Dynomax butt clamps. They're like $12 a piece or something like that and have two bolts. It's basically a band clamp but they're calling it something else.

Comment

yeah the one that I linked a few pages back is the one I bought. I did clamp it is. Im not sure what the Dynomax butt clamps look like but heres the style clamp I used:

I bought mine from NAPA, and there about $12 a piece, but they are polished 304 stainless steel
        sigpic
        3400/Getrag 284 5spd
        350/NV3500 5spd
        2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

Originally posted by 19Cutlass94 View Post
          yeah the one that I linked a few pages back is the one I bought. I did clamp it is. Im not sure what the Dynomax butt clamps look like but heres the style clamp I used:

I bought mine from NAPA, and there about $12 a piece, but they are polished 304 stainless steel
          Yeah they look like this.

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
            How in the world does that sound like a ricer?!?
            Because it sounds like wwwaaaAAAAAAAGGGAAAAaaaa. It's too......I don't know how to explain it. It's still not nearly as bad as the '92 Lumina w/the 3400 DOHC and twin 40's/no cat. THAT was ridiculous..........

Comment

SLP Shotgun resonators aren't even that. They have no sound deadening/dampening qualities to them at all. They are just a 4" round shell with 2.5" ends. Nothing more, nothing less. Magnaflow Magnapacks are resonators. They have them in various sizes and it could possibly be clamped in place as you were asking. I like Aerochambers, just not on a V6.

Comment

Originally posted by 98malibu3.1 View Post
                Because it sounds like wwwaaaAAAAAAAGGGAAAAaaaa. It's too......I don't know how to explain it. It's still not nearly as bad as the '92 Lumina w/the 3400 DOHC and twin 40's/no cat. THAT was ridiculous..........
                Are you talking about that buzz on decel when i let off? That's only above about 5k or so, and that's why you hear me hit the clutch and go up a gear, i hate that noise, but there's not much i can do about it.... But i still, dont care what it sounds like slowing down, it's all about getting up to speed

Cammed 3400 --> 224whp 210wtq
                Cammed 3500 --> ???
                1 of 5 3500 J-Bodies

Comment

you girls are no help

Comment

PCGUY- heres the resonator i bought

heres the exhaust with NO resonator... rev to about 2k
                    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                    sigpic
                    3400/Getrag 284 5spd
                    350/NV3500 5spd
                    2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

That looks exactly like what I'm looking for. It actually looks like the inside of my SLP mufflers.

Comment

Heres the pics of it installed on the car:

and believe it or not, it hangs down a tad too low... i need to find a way to get it higher cause it bottoms out driving into the garage
                        sigpic
                        3400/Getrag 284 5spd
                        350/NV3500 5spd
                        2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

Cool cool. Nice wheels btw. I don't think mine will hang that low. The catback is tucked up in the exhaust channel pretty well. I guess I'll order one monday.

Comment

Alright guys, here is my exhaust.

Read my notes on it!
                            SpudFiles
                            Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
                            Theopia
                            Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
                            3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

haha DUDE! that sounds awesome!!! deep and crisp!
                              Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
                              fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

Originally posted by PCGUY112887 View Post
                                Sounds really good....except for that rasp on top and on decel. Pretty deep tone, just like on my Cutlass.

Comment

Working...
                                X