Exhaust Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
    Here is a video of a stock 3400 in a 92 Sunbird with a 2.5" downpipe, Catco hi-flow cat and a Hooker Aerochamber Crossflow muffler with dual 3" x 18" tips.. on the dyno

Sept. 21, 2007Dyno day at the v6z24 dot com Bash.Stock 3400 exc. #24 injectors and ported upper intake, CAI and Hooker Aerochamber muffler, 191hp @ 5600RPMs ...

It sounds even better in person
    UGH!! Def. not my cup of tea. It sounds like a ricer to me. Like it's bark is waaaaay bigger than it's bite. It just sounds like it's trying so hard to sound powerful but just doesn't come off as sounding such to me.....JMHO.

Comment

How in the world does that sound like a ricer?!?
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I just want mine to sound like a SB Chevy

Comment

some good video's on youtube of Z34 exhaust systems.
          i like magna

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
            How in the world does that sound like a ricer?!?
            no magnaflows
            Originally posted by wozxx...{is 92 mph in a school zone illegal?}
            I was going relatively fast thru a school zone and was caught. However, I managed to zip into a neighborhood and evade the cop. Could I get additional tickets by trying to run?

Comment

It put down like 191 WHP and 205 WTQ.. It's bark matches it's bite
              Past Builds;
              1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
              1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
              Current Project;
              1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Ok, so the drone and rasp is starting to get a little agitating. Anyone know of a bolt in 2.5" in/out resonator? Preferably in stainless. I found an SLP resonator on summit, but they're only sold in pairs. I don't want to spend 150 and have a spare resonator.
                Last edited by whitelightnin04MC; 09-26-2007, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitelightnin04MC View Post
                  Ok, so the drone and rasp is starting to get a little agitating. Anyone know of a bolt in 2.5" in/out resonator? Preferably in stainless. I found an SLP resonator on summit, but they're only sold in pairs. I don't want to spend 150 and have a spare resonator.
                  Have you... not read this thread at all?
                  SpudFiles
                  Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
                  Theopia
                  Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
                  3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

Originally posted by PCGUY112887 View Post
                    Have you... not read this thread at all?
                    Just the last page or so. I don't weld and I'm not paying someone to install a resonator. I'm not sure if any of the resonators that you all have been installing were bolt in. That's why I asked. I wanted a magnaflow, but it seems they don't sell resonators.

If no one has any input, I'll just wait to hear from SLP tomorrow. Trying to see if they'll sell just one of the Shotgun resonators. They should since they use them in the Cobalt's modular exhaust which only has the one resonator.

Oh, and the resonators linked in this thread have been weld in. I just went back through the 7 pages. I'd rather buy torco clamps and do it myself.

Here's a pic of what I'm looking at.

Last edited by whitelightnin04MC; 09-26-2007, 05:30 PM.

Comment

You could get couplers and bolt it in there, but why not just have it welded? Would cost ya less than $20 for someone to install.
                      SpudFiles
                      Theopia
                      Enjoy life online.

3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

Originally posted by PCGUY112887 View Post
                        You could get couplers and bolt it in there, but why not just have it welded? Would cost ya less than $20 for someone to install.
                        Not in this area. The guy told me it would be 50 with my own and if they supplied the resonator, it would depend on the price of the resonator. They'll inflate the labor if I supply my own and if I use their resonator, I'll pay mark up and labor. I'd rather just use that SLP one, cut out a section of my exhaust and install it using a couple of torco clamps. Done deal at ~100 bucks. Besides, I'm so bored and I'm always looking for shit to do.

Comment

Jeez, here even Midas and crap will weld random things if I ask them.
                          SpudFiles
                          Theopia
                          Enjoy life online.

Comment

I went to the guy that fixed my exhaust where it was hitting the side of the gas tank heat shield after the header install. That time it was 20 bucks. To weld in the resonator, he wants me to drop it off in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon. I don't feel that's necessary. Besides, I can't be without my car that long. I work from 6am to 2pm.

I'd go ahead and get the SLP, but I want to know if it is actually going to help. They use this type of resonators on the F-bodies and Mustangs and they use them without mufflers. So I'm wondering if it will even help.

Comment

I don't think the SLP will do much sound wise.

Just get whatever resonator you want, and drop by autozone and get 2 exhaust couplers and 2 exhaust clamps, then you can do it yourself. May not be the "best" install, but it will work fine as long as you get a good seal.
                              SpudFiles
                              Theopia
                              Enjoy life online.

Comment

If i get couplers, then I'd need four clamps wouldn't I?

Comment

Working...
                                X