Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMS pushrods aren't lighter like claimed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMS pushrods aren't lighter like claimed.

"The Milzy Motorsports Lightweight High-Performance Chrome-Moly Pushrods are made exclusively for us and your 3100/3400 engine!

These pushrods are made to the exact specifications of stock pushrods but are stronger and lighter. These pushrods are a great addition to your 3100/3400 engine with our custom cams or stocked cammed car. The weight savings these provide will decrease valvetrain weight and therefore decreasing valvetrain float and allow the engine to develop higher rpm's."

The gold looking pushrods are stock 3100/3400/3500 pushrods. The black and silver press on tip pushrods are the Milzy Motorsports pushrods.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SappySE107; 12-26-2006, 10:17 PM.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

makes you wonder about ppl. thx for making me laugh, it's been a long day at work...
    Last edited by zerocool; 12-22-2006, 05:44 PM.

Comment

This really sucks...I have a full set of them. Unused, thankfully, now that I know this.
      1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Azrael contact Milzy and ask for a refund, as he falsely advertised this product.
        2000 Grand Am GT
        2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

My interpretation of how mike weighed a stock pushrod for comparison.
          Attached Files
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
            My interpretation of how mike weighed a stock pushrod for comparison.
            that made me LOL

but knowing i got ripped off makes me

Comment

so what you are saying is the performance pushrod is heavyer then the stock ones well thats sucks then

why do the companys do that stuff ?they are lieing to there costomers that are keeping them in buisines!
              01 olds shilluette 3400/4T65-E stock for now

Comment

The pushrods are also the wrong length for his cams even though he claims they are made to work with each other. They may work but they are not the right length for proper pre-load.

They are lying to their customers that pay them for their crap. Yes, I know. It would be easier for me to do the same in terms of making money but I have morals and I don't hang out with 3800 owners.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Who cares about weight on the pushrod side. Your concern should always be stiffness in this area. The speed on the pushrod side is slower than the valve side but the spring load in amplified through the rocker ratio and this is why stiffness is you number one concern.

So to anyone who has a brain these rods are advertised completly wrong along with being the wrong length as Ben pointed out. So really its a big fuck up all together and Milzy sucks like I have said since day one when I saw "Performance Cams" offered with not a single spec published.
                  1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                  1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                  Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Get the premium .com domain you deserve. Seamless and professional transactions. Payment plans available.

Its clubgp lite.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

just read that over there. they seem to not like the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by A Club GP Member
                        Most people on this board aren't performance oriented. This isn't the greatest site for technical discussions.
                        Ha ha at least someone is honest. I see what you are trying to do over there but it does seem by reading that post you are wasting your breath. At least people here look for this kind of valuable information.
                        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Its not like the pushrods are the only thing he is lying about... Its just the only one I have in my possession to post my own proof.

Go look at this stage 1 heads for the 3400. Check the picture of the combustion chambers and then read his description.
                          Ben
                          60DegreeV6.com
                          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Go look at this stage 1 heads for the 3400. Check the picture of the combustion chambers and then read his description.
                            don't see a pic.

do you mean 3800? i see one for that.

Comment

Stage 1 - Mild port and polish - smoothing out casting blemishes, port and gasket matching, mild bowl work, de-shrouding of the valves, combustion chamber cc matching
                              -competition valve job (3-angle)
                              -LS6 valve springs, retainers, and keepers
                              -new valve seals
                              -assembled and toleranced
                              -clearanced for safe lifts up to .500"

Check out the de-shrouding in the combustion chambers. None. Clearanced for safe lifts up to .500". Wow, thanks for leaving it stock. Competition 3 angle valve job? Thats standard..but you can call it whatever you want. Ultra race 3 angle valve job sounds better.
                              Ben
                              60DegreeV6.com
                              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                              X