5 Spd swap into 2000 grand am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : 5 Spd swap into 2000 grand am

Over on gagt no help at all but i was wondering what all parts id need, tranny, axles etc. If anyone can help let me know cuz i found a 1994cavalier 3.1 5 speed transmission like brand new for 150 in a junk yard. I also need a summer hobby lol.
    Last edited by dylpick21; 05-22-2010, 07:22 PM.

Originally posted by dylpick21 View Post
    Over on gagt no help at all but i was wondering what all parts id need, tranny, axles etc. If anyone can help let me know cuz i found a 1997 cavalier 3.1 5 speed transmission like brand new for 150 in a junk yard. I also need a summer hobby lol.
    there are/were no 3.1 or even V6 cavaliers after 1994...
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

After 94 correct, but the 94 Cavalier (and Lumina) retained the 3.1MPFI, and where therefore also available with a 5-spd.
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
        After 94 correct, but the 94 Cavalier (and Lumina) retained the 3.1MPFI, and where therefore also available with a 5-spd.

Yes correct. Thats why i was wondering if anyone knew what all i needed. I mean i got a good idea what i need but would like to make sure that i had everything in mind. I came here because most of you guys on here know everything in and out of 60v6 and transmissions.

Comment

some type of tuning software, custom axles which really isn't that big of a deal, access to a welder, that's pretty much a good start, also need the interior and mechanical pieces of a 5 speed grand am, such as the shifter and cables, the 5 speed interior pieces, clutch pedial, 3/4 hole saw is nice to have as well......

S...........L...........E...........E...........P...........E...........R

Comment

I have a question to add to this, my trans is going in my monte, and i think i shoud start collecting parts for a 6 SPD swap, so my only question is what do you do to the PCM so it thinks its in drive? and opperates properly in every gear, my car is a 2005 montecarlo 3400

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Originally posted by bob442 View Post
              I have a question to add to this, my trans is going in my monte, and i think i shoud start collecting parts for a 6 SPD swap, so my only question is what do you do to the PCM so it thinks its in drive? and opperates properly in every gear, my car is a 2005 montecarlo 3400
              my suggestion would be to have all of the transmission control stuff disabled in the PCM... i imagine the OBD2 PCM would throw quite a fit if it saw most of the tranny stuff disappear one day...
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
              X