3t40 and 3x00 kickdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3t40 and 3x00 kickdown

what do i use for the trans kick down cable when i'm doing a 3400 swap??? i'm doing a tce throttle body and i don't know how this is going to work. Asylum i need your help.

setup is

3t40

Look for 94 3100 TB's. Steal the linkage shaft and swap in. Mine had a spot for a kick down cable...
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

for the 3 speed auto???are you sure? do you have any pics? please say you do.

Comment

no, 3100 1994 4T60-E car. But the TB has a place for a kick down... Like when the TB opens, it would PULL a cable instead of a cable pulling the TB open....

Look at that, see the top part, where a cable would go, then be rotated forward pulling the cable when the throttle cables pulled the bottom. Most early 3100 TB's have this linkage shaft.

But not all brackets have a spot for the cable. Mine didn't, but I've seen I think even 97 grand am's have the linkage bracket with the spot cut out to hold the kick down cable...

Just go to a junkyard with a lot of 3100's and look around. I'm sure this would work.

If not some people use a throttle box from an old grand am auto LO Quad, but those I think are rare and a pain to hook up.
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

WEAK strutbar....

i believe the monte has the cut on the bracket...
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

weak? It's square tube and welded... Not the ricer crap with heim joints that doesn't do anything... It made a huge difference...
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

more of a joke than anything(statement, not the bar)

i know mine helped more than new tires
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
              X