Trans problems please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans problems please help!!!

Ok i was doing a burn out at a school in my 1996 monte carlo z34 and i the trans just gave out. when i was doing the burn out the trans just stopped working the cars was still running but he car would no go anywhere. so i put it in park then engine runs fine but when i put it in drive 1st or second u can here the trans go into gear but the car will not move i need help if u know what it could be please repost on this thread thank you .

wow... stupid move, and thats how you sucessfully look like a tool.... please tell me you atleast payed for the car yourself

seeing as how you dont have a limited slip diff. you prolly blew your differential, did you have any fluid on the ground?

Comment

Boy, that's a really slick move there. You probably blew the CV axle.

We used to call that a 'dumb fuck move'.

'93 Cutlass Ragtop LQ-1 -- Semi-retired over winters
      '06 Dodge Magnum SXT 3.5L -- My Daily Driver

Comment

$2,000 will fix it

How long did you hold the burnout for?

Comment

lol yea thanks. uh i didnt hold it for long at all. and yea i payed for the car myself. but thanks ffor your replys

Comment

any loud noises when it went out? i find it hard to believe it just "gave out" without any signs of broken parts or a noise... could you give a little more detailed description?

Comment

burnouts are for rwd's, lol. j/m i dont think its that big of a deal that you did a burnout, but its not the smartest to do it on the street or in a parking it to impress people. but, anyway, you did and i dont think we should all bash you about it.

could be a lot of things.

btw, probably should go in the TRANSMISSION section
              91 GTP HM-284 GONE
              96 Special Edition LQ1/4T60E GONE

98 Spawn of Satan (L67 Regal)
              87 V10 SM-465/Mild 350
              06 Cobalt SS/SC GONE

Comment

UH no i was acctualy by myself and uh idk i was just doing it and it just sounded like if slipped outta gear and the rms shot up if u put it in any gear u can push the car like it is in nutral

Comment

These automatics do not like one wheel burnouts. That's the quickest way to put one to rest. I'm surprised it didn't grenade out the side.
                  sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                  1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                  16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                  Original L82 Longblock
                  with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                  Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

it spins both of them

Comment

Working...
                    X