4t45-X type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4t45-X type?

I never actually saw the car that my motor and tranny were pulled out of and supposedly it was out of a 2005 grand am gt (unit was brand spanking new and had 0 deposits on the rebuild).

I am having a problem finding out what type of 4t45 it is. I have tried copying PCM tables for a 04 and a 00 grand am gt and my pcm is flashing that I have the incorrect gear ratios. I have also tried a 00 SE to no avail.

Is there any number anywhere cast onto the trans that I can use to determine what type of trans i have (obviously its not the old 4t40 or the malibu stock pcm tables would work)?

Any help on this would be SUPER ! :P

There should be a tag on the back of the tranny that has 4 letters on it. Get those letters and you should be able to cross-reference something.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

are you flashing with a 3.29 gear ratio? are you sure its a gt trans? they might have tried to just pass along a 4t40 or 45 3.05 trans as a gt trans....

did you see the car it came out of? did it have the mn5 rpo? i honestly dont see a reason why modified 4t40 tables wouldn't work as long as you satisfied all of the parameters as far as listing the correct gear ratios

Comment

The problem is that the tables change EVERY year. i did find a 05 gt on here and will flash it with that tonight. I need to check that sticker on that trans. I can tell its not a 4t40 because my stock malibu file wont work on it.

Comment

wow, i cant believe i missed you saying you didn't see the car, sorry, lol

Comment

wow... i am glad I found this board

Someone had posted an 05 grand am gt bin file..

i copied those transmission tables over and 0 error codes yet... they didnt lie to me :P

Comment

can you maybe do me a favor and send me a few of those bin files? you have a pm

Comment

Working...
              X