Adjustable Modulator 4T60E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable Modulator 4T60E

I was wondering, any of you guys using the adjustable modulator for the 4T60E to raise the line pressure? If so, could someone tell me what setting they found to be the "max safe limit" for the tranny pump? I ask because my engine is way too loud to try to adjust it by sound.
    SpudFiles
    Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
    Theopia
    Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
    3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

you will not get the transmission to dangerous line pressure with an adjustable mod. you will be able to firm the shifts a bit, not a whole pile.

Comment

Lorenzo had his cranked up and it shifted NOW. Hard, fast, every time. Basically just set it how you like it.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I had a vacuum line destroyed by battery acid and the trans shifted hard once. I heard that can wear them out with them slamming like that, I don't remember which part though. Does the adjustable one on the max setting disable all vacuum to it? When cruising from a stop, the sudden slam from the trans did not feel good at all. Felt like it was going to tear itself apart.
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

No, you wear them out by not slamming it (gradual engage). What you had happen is more than anyone will want to deal with, so by setting it how you like it, you will promote less wear.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Yeah I'm not talking about the clutches. So it sounds like the max setting or what someone would normally put as firm isn't going to be 0 vacuum.
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

I have one on mine and it shifts pretty hard... it breaks the tires loose into second sometimes. I also added a second spring to my 1-2 accumulator and shimmed the 2-3 one.

Got Lope?
              3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
              Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
              Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
              12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

where do you get an adjustable modualtor for these tranny's?

1992 Lumina Z34: Artic White on Gray -Auto
                1987 Porsche 944: Slate Gray Metallic on Burgandy- Manual (Possibly for sale)

Comment

Mine came with my rebuild kits, but I think you can use a turbo 350 one, or just a std replacement one is adjustable, I can't remember.

Got Lope?
                  12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

You have to go to Orilies auto parts (if you have one) and order a replacement. Make sure it's a Pioneer 747017 or it probably isn't adjustable. Advanced Auto's website says they have one, but if you go to the store it just gets substituted... and if you try to order online it asks if they can substitute it.

Now the adjustment IS on the top part where the steel vac line connects, correct? Looks like something I could stick a small standard screwdriver in and turn. Tighten = harder shifts? Or the other way around?

I ask because it's a PITA for me to get to with all the crap I have cramed tight in my engine bay, wanna try to get it right in the first try or 3 :-p
                    SpudFiles
                    Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
                    Theopia
                    Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
                    3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

Hmm mines easy to get to but I bet your air box is in the way.
                      Original L82 Longblock
                      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                        Lorenzo had his cranked up and it shifted NOW. Hard, fast, every time. Basically just set it how you like it.
                        10-4

AND THAT AWARD WINNING GEAR BOX IS STILL FOR SALE

Adjusting the modualtor for max safe output:
                        Engine running car in park , Crank the modulator up and replace the vacuum line. Keep adjuting till you hear the pump witrh the vacuum line on. then re dajust till you cant' hear the pump anymore.

After that test the garage shift, testing park to reverse to drive engagement. Keep adjusting down the modulator till most of the harsheness is gone. It isn't good for it to BANG into gear. Just tune it out by adjusting the screw.

If your gear box is healthy or even if its a touch weak you'll spruce it up by making these adjustments
                        Lorenzo
                        '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
                        '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

tighten equals harder shifts yes, and yes thats where the adjustment is.

Got Lope?

Comment

I'm going to walk into Advanced Auto and get that modulator. Part number 747017, right???

What kind of acceleration improvements has anyone seen? 0-60? 1/4 mile?

1992 Lumina Z34: Artic White on Gray -Auto
                            1987 Porsche 944: Slate Gray Metallic on Burgandy- Manual (Possibly for sale)

Comment

hard to tell... But I'm sure it helps a little... quick shifts means less time wasted.

Got Lope?

Comment

Working...
                              X