Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? on details of the Corvette brake conversion

Hey Everyone,

After seeing the thread about a corvette brake conversion and hearing bits and pieces about it I thought I'd ask all the details on it.

-What years of Corvette brakes front or/and rear fit.

-What are all the advantages of the conversion considering that I have a;

1991 STE 3.4 DOHC (ABS removed)
    1991 Z34

I know all about up grading to the 95'-96' GP brakes BUT I would love to know all the goods on this Corvette brake conversion.

- What all parts do I need?
    - Do I need larger dia. rims to do the conversion or is it JUST the Calipers that are used?

Can everyone please give me all the info you got.

THANKS!

Regards,
    Dave
    1991 Grand Prix STE
    3.4 DOHC
    1 of 792 Produced
    Extensive Mods Done

1991 Lumina Z34
    3.4 DOHC
    Getrag 284 5spd
    1 of 30
    Canadian Z34 Models Made with the Getrag 5spd Wahoooo!

1980 GMC Sierra Classic C25 With 18,000 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!

sigpic

The Grand Ams and Gen 2+ w-bodies can do the conversion. I tried it on my 95 Z34 with no luck.

Tim
    1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
    325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

What Is Considered A Second Gen

WWW.OverKillEngineeringMotorsports.com

Comment

97+ GP
        2000+ MC

Tim
        1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
        325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

Originally posted by timg View Post
          The Grand Ams and Gen 2+ w-bodies can do the conversion. I tried it on my 95 Z34 with no luck.

Tim
          What were the main problems you ran into on your Z34?

My Webpage

Comment

The brake caliper mounting brackets have the wrong spacing, offset, and bolt size. The rotors fit the bolt pattern, but hit on the strut body (the conical steel piece that supports the strut and hub). The rotors will not fit flush with the hub because of that interference. In general, none of the parts fit.

Tim
            325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

Working...
            X